Accounts Trainee 2021
UHY Ross Brooke is a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based in Newbury, Abingdon, Hungerford and Swindon. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
We are looking for a candidate who is either AAT qualified or has 2 plus years’ experience in a practice role who will work with Client Managers and Directors to deliver accounting support to a range of limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
This role would suit someone looking to further their accountancy qualifications in a practice environment.
The role includes:
- Preparation of year end accounts for small limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Preparation of VAT returns for clients and assisting clients with book-keeping and management information
- Draft tax computations
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Supporting clients with accounting software issues
The working week: Normal hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, to be worked from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Location: Principal work base is our Swindon Office.
- Death in service benefit 2 x salary
- Pension Scheme arrangements
- Essential: AAT qualified or experience of 2 plus years in a practice environment
- Essential: Microsoft Office
- Desirable: Digita Suite, SAGE, QuickBooks, Xero, Virtual Cabinet
- Well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on;
- This open Job Vacancy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Confidence to build rapport and manage a professional relationship with clients
- Excel and accounting software knowledge
- Organised, proven ability to meet deadlines.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Jan Penny at email@example.com