Process Engineering Graduate 2021
During this exciting period of transition to clean low carbon generation, our Environmental Compliance Team is expanding to deliver an increasing amount of process engineering advice and services to energy generation customers developing and operating fossil fuel, district heating, biomass, hydrogen and wind sites throughout the UK and Internationally. This role offers you the opportunity to work alongside a team of fellow technical, environmental and engineering specialists in developing Uniper's low carbon product offering to support both Uniper's own International portfolio of projects, and the external energy industry world-wide, whilst growing your own skills and experience at the same time.
What we offer
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits. Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
How we work
Our people are key to our success. Our core objective is to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration. This allows our people to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills. Together, we want to shape the future of energy.
The Environmental Compliance team works across a range of internal and external projects for power generators, industry and government. You will work closely alongside scientists and engineers on a range of activities which may include:
- Providing expertise in Chemical/Process aspects for a variety of new low carbon energy projects. You will become familiar with a range of technologies being investigated, including; post-combustion carbon capture, pre-combustion carbon capture, hydrogen production (blue and green), biogas (or other biofuel) production and greenhouse gas removal technologies
- To support the Uniper business in working with regulating authorities in their development of environmental policy / regulation of new low carbon energy. Also to work closely with engineering and project development teams within Uniper and Third Parties to advise and inform on the development of projects within the context of environmental regulation, and technology capability.
- Engaging with external consultants and contractors in the preparation of technical reports, such as feasibility studies.
- All of our team are active in Customer Relationship and Business Development management, co-ordinated by the Sales and Product Development Teams as appropriate. This includes activities such as bid preparation and developing new areas of business.
Our Science and Engineering Excellence scheme is specially designed to develop our technical specialists of the future. You’ll gain experience within the process engineering function in the Environmental Compliance team but also get the chance to undertake two 3 - 4 months placements elsewhere in the business helping you master a wider understanding of what we do. We’re committed to developing our graduates, and you will receive both on the job and formal training, while working towards your Chartership. You will enjoy fantastic exposure to our business and get great opportunities to take on responsibility.
Who we are seeking
- A degree or masters in a relevant subject such as Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or Natural Sciences
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong collaborative values and flexibility to work across a range of projects.
- Good computer literacy
- Whilst not necessary, experience with process modelling tools such Promax or Aspen would be considered beneficial.
Should you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact the Talent Acquisition Manager; James.Seymour@Uniper.Energy
Please note, all applications must be completed online - CVs sent via email will not be taken into consideration. This is for a September 2021 start.