Real-Time Learning Instructional Designer Internship Brighton 2022
The Real-Time Learning team at Unity empowers anyone to learn how to use the Unity Engine to build real-time 3D content. In this role, you will work on the Instruction Design group whose core values are: putting our users first, aligning on best ideas, and working together to deliver outstanding learning resources that will expand opportunities and drive learners to job readiness for careers in the real-time 3D ecosystem. Specifically you will be contributing to crafting learning content, like tutorials and courses, for the Unity Learn Platform.
This is a paid 11 month placement opportunity starting in summer 2022
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with the team on the creation of learning pathways for specific learning personas to acquire job-ready skills
- Learn Unity’s instructional design and online teaching methods
- Help to create and edit learning content, often working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Unity Developers, and stage, test, and publish learning content on Unity’s Learn Platform
- Provide assistance to senior instructional designers in areas such as content mapping and auditing, skill and competency identification and writing, and assessment development
- Collect and analyze feedback from specific course and learning pathways participants to identify areas of improvement
- Currently studying at a bachelor degree level in a relevant field, and looking for a placement year
- Curiosity about online learning, training, or education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people
You might also have
- Some experience with the Unity Engine
- Experience in games or interactive entertainment
- Knowledge or understanding of curriculum or instructional design in any setting
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.