Audience Internship 2021
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email us.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
This role sits within the Island Audience team and is primarily focused on delivering outstanding digital campaign tools and assets for frontline marketing campaigns, as well as providing support and assistance to the team when necessary.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Follow briefs for the design and development of high calibre digital marketing tools to support frontline artist campaigns including, email marketing templates, animated GIFs, landing pages, data capture forms, social media skins, social media banners, Snapchat filters, TikTok posts etc.
- Work closely with Audience Managers to help run eCRM activity including HTML email design, sign up forms, competitions and managing deliveries
- Running analysis and creating reports on growth and changes to social networks for our artists
- YouTube channel management for artist channels including: adding annotations, overlays and links
- Keeping abreast of new digital innovation and platforms that might be useful or relevant for our artists
- Preparing / printing any documents for artist meetings.
- Updating social networking sites and websites with news and content
- Setting up new artist accounts on platforms like Spotify, YouTube, and Facebook
- Collating ticket orders and booking taxis / transport for the department
- Additional ad hoc duties where required
- Passion for digital marketing, social media platforms and online communities
- Takes the time to pay strong attention to detail
- Strives to work efficiently with emails
- Analytical mind for interpreting data and preparing reports
- Highly organised with the ability to keep calm under pressure
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the changing market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels within the business
- Hard working, enthusiastic and willing to work outside of work hours when necessary to ensure campaign delivery
- Interest in the very latest trends and how to implement them
- Bright self-starter with team spirit; self-motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload and others
- Passionate about music with a desire to progress in the industry
- Photoshop experience and skills
- HTML experience and skills
- Video production and editing experience
- Social media and community management experience
- Experience managing artist profiles across streaming services
- Good working knowledge and experience of website and asset hosting
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS platforms
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.