Central Finance Internship 2021
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Central finance department sits in UMO (Universal Music Operations) as a support centre to the wider company.
The jobholder provides financial and administrative support to the Central Finance department, working across all areas (RTR, PTP, OTC, Treasury, Label Support and Group Consolidation teams).
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Office management duties – General support to all team members including IT access administration, stationery, meeting facilitator and concert ticket coordinator.
- OTC/ PTP – General administrative duties (post, coordination of document exchange with the outsourced partners) plus ad hoc projects.
- Treasury – Banking, raising cheques, posting cheques, posting credit card transactions, coordination of document exchange with the outsourced partners and banking correspondence.
- IT support – working alongside Finance Systems Analyst to administer access requests to software and systems.
- Introductory knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Intermediate knowledge on Microsoft office Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good organisation of self and others.
- Proactive approach.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible attitude and approach.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.