Creative Brand Partnerships Internship 2021
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Group & Brands is the dedicated brand agency of Universal Music Group, creating innovative and tailor-made business solutions for brands. We use Music & Entertainment to create innovative and differentiated customer propositions for our brand partners to help them grow their business by turning their customers into fans.
We are currently looking for an intern to integrate into the central 4-Person New Business team. This candidate will primarily focus on supporting Universal Music Group & Brands growth, innovation / new projects activities and the central team on more general matters.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Ability to create clear, structured, well written and visually compelling PowerPoint presentations
- Assisting with design and layout of ideas, mood boards, copy and thought starters to help bring customer pitches to life for brands
- Take part in brainstorming new and exciting ideas with various UMGB teams
- Benchmarking, market research, collating competition intelligence (entertainment sector, new products and technologies) with the aim of identifying diversification opportunities
- Researching and identifying potential partners/sectors products at international scale
- Day to day support – call organizations and follow ups
- Supporting UMG&B central and local teams in project management tasks
- Participating in strategic thinking about new projects development and how strategy infurs creative output
- Strong eye for detail and ability to have a strong sense of initiative
- The ability to create clear, structured, and visually compelling PowerPoint (or equivalent) presentations
- Proficiency in MS Pack Office (or equivalent) and Internet searches
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of the Adobe suite including Photoshop (or equivalent)
- Be able to prioritize and work to tight deadlines and have a strong sense of initiative
- A passion for the music / entertainment, mobile and Internet sectors
- You will be dynamic, autonomous, a team player, have excellent relational skills and the ability to work under pressure and eager to learn and get stuck in
- Basic understanding of the marketing / media landscape
- Ability to speak a second language
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.