Streaming Internship 2021
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Polydor are looking for a Streaming Intern to join and support the current team across the ever-changing music streaming landscape. As streaming continues to become the biggest means of music consumption globally, we are looking for a candidate who has a keen eye for detail, an interest in analysing data, a passion for engaging with wider music platforms (such as TikTok & YouTube) and someone who is keen to learn what it takes to build a song into a hit record.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Assisting the Streaming team in pitching new music to our key partner platforms
- Understanding each platform’s playlist ecosystem and keeping the wider label teams updated with major playlist addition for our music
- Tracking song performance by using our Internal Data tools, understanding how a song is reacting and how we can continue to make a song grow
- Reporting week on week streaming growth of key releases, highlighting streaming spikes and potential reasons for this (e.g. playlist add/radio play/promo)
- Tracking and reporting on the ‘health’ of our key tracks e.g. such as the percentage of library plays a track is receiving or the number of people searching for a track in one week
- Manage our artist’s profiles on streaming platforms and update artist complete playlists with new music
- Managing our YouTube & SoundCloud uploads ensuring music is tagged properly & fan interaction is maintained
- Analysing engagement on uploads across YouTube & SoundCloud, spotting any trends or new audiences
- Managing concert ticket requests for partners
- A keen interest in analysing and interpreting data
- A love of problem solving
- A passion for both new music and how to constantly reach new audiences
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.