MSc Master of Global Business (MGB)
In the Glasgow Master of Global Business (MGB) programme, you will study, travel and explore the world. Designed for recent graduates with an undergraduate degree in business, commerce or management, the MGB programme offers you a truly global learning experience at three leading business schools across three continents.
Why this Programme
- Living, working and studying in three countries, you will discover how business is done in an international environment and develop career skills you can apply across the world through an immersive, culturally-focused graduate programme.
- You will develop an acute awareness of your own culture and the cultures of your classmates: all of which helps them understand how business is done differently in different parts of the world.
- You will be equipped with a global mind-set and a high level of cultural awareness and cross-cultural communication that increase effectiveness in international contexts.
- You will acquire the skills and confidence to implement an organisation-based, action learning consulting project with multinational firms.
- In addition to the core courses, you will have the choice to complete an international internship or undertake a thesis research project.
- Introductory language courses (Chinese or French) will provide you with the competency in communicating at a basic level in a language other than your mother tongue or English.
- The three business schools you will study at are:
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
You will study among a diverse cohort of students (in terms of nationality, culture, language, previous international experience) which enhances your cross-cultural learning experience and makes the “global” element of this degree real. The MGB classroom is literally without walls or borders. In each semester, you learn about the business context of the region and you have the opportunity to learn a new language throughout the programme. Moreover, you also cumulatively learn about ‘doing’ global business, from fundamentals to opportunity recognition to actual application and consulting methods.
Throughout the MGB programme you will develop practical, intellectual and transferable skills through a range of group and individual activities. You will also complete a major consulting project for an external organisation on an international business issue.
Upon completing the programme, graduates will have a range of new opportunities open to them for entering the employment market. Our alumni have either set up their own business, worked in SMEs, consultancy or multinational, in a management capacity. We have a dedicated careers and employability team who provide one-to-one support and advice, group workshops, employer events on campus and networking opportunities throughout the year to help you with your career prospects.
2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in business administration, commerce or management, with at least one course in finance or statistics.
When applying for this programme, applicants must submit a personal statement of around 300 words. This should cover two areas:
- the degree to which their previous educational and professional experiences and interests make you a suitable candidate for the programme.
- the motivation for applying for this programme specifically - and how the methods and insights offered by global business will help them in the development of good management skills and practice.
How to Apply
To apply for a postgraduate taught degree you must apply online. We cannot accept applications any other way.
Please check you meet the Entry requirements for this programme before you begin your application.
As part of your online application, you also need to submit the following supporting documents:
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- Any additional documents required for this programme (see Entry requirements for this programme)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
- You have 42 days to submit your application once you begin the process.
You may save and return to your application as many times as you wish to update information, complete sections or upload supporting documents such as your final transcript or your language test.