Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)
Fast-track your legal career with our GDL law conversion course, your first step into law if you have already completed a non-law undergraduate degree.
Many employers favour GDL students in an increasingly competitive legal job market. Through studying another degree subject, you will have gained many transferable skills. By taking the conversion route into law, you are showing motivation and determination by choosing law at a later stage than some others. This looks good to employers.
If you are changing direction after starting in another career area, you will possess valuable work experience and professional awareness. Many employers actively seek candidates with these benefits.
Our network of contacts, a dedicated employability service and a reputation in the legal profession mean we also have an outstanding track-record of finding students legal employment.
Why choose our GDL?
- Here are just some of the reasons why we’re best placed to help you prepare for your future career as a solicitor or barrister:
- We’ve teamed up with leading law firms to design a course that encourages you to think like a lawyer from the start
- You’ll develop essential legal skills, and learn by experience through practical workshops and problem-based learning
- You’ll receive unrivalled face-to-face teaching and tutor support from qualified lawyers with practical experience; so you will know what to expect in real-life situations
- Our GDL is endorsed by leading law firms, and we're the preferred training provider to over 30 of them
- Flexible study options - choose to study full-time, part-time or via our supported online distance learning programme
- Get award winning careers support to help you stand out from the crowd as soon as you accept your place
- A UK undergraduate degree in any discipline (minimum 2:2), or an equivalent qualification
- Academic performance at school and university
- Demonstration of an informed decision to study law
- Any special circumstances revealed in your application
- Academic or other references