Recruitment Officer (Attraction)
We are looking for a dynamic and highly-motivated individual to join our Recruitment team. You will play an important role in attracting and selecting the highest quality applicants to work in prisons with Unlocked Graduates.
The Recruitment Officer is responsible for supporting the delivery of our recruitment strategy to attract high-calibre candidates to the role of a prison officer and guide them through all stages of the process: from initial attraction of applicants through university careers and off-campus events, to screening and assessing candidates and supporting them up until the point that they start the programme.
Within the organisation, you will play a key role in building our brand and increasing awareness of this career opportunity for graduates. The position offers an exciting mix of hands-on attraction work, systems development, data analysis, stakeholder management, and wider input into the work of a young organisation.
Attraction & Candidate Journey
- Build our brand by running events and presentations, encouraging students and graduates to join Unlocked.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders at university careers services and with student organisations. This may include attending and presenting at external meetings and liaising and negotiating with stakeholders to support our recruitment goals.
- Develop and deliver recruitment activities in order to maintain and grow a diverse pipeline of high-quality applicants.
- Communicate the Unlocked mission, values and messaging consistently to encourage high quality applications.
- Focus on building an innovative strategy to reach out to a diverse audience of potential applicants and attract them to the programme.
- Ensure maintenance of detailed records and databases to continuously evaluate and improve the recruitment campaign.
- Continuously reflect and evaluate success on campus to ensure we deliver value for money and effective use of resources.
- Report on and evaluate the pipeline from your different university campuses.
- Act as a relationship contact for successful participants, supporting them in the onboarding process up until they begin the programme.
- Take a hands-on role in screening applications and selecting candidates at assessment centres, in line with Unlocked Graduates’ competencies.
- Support the co-ordination and processing of all aspects of the screening and assessment process.
- Support the development of participant selection exercises and tools.
- Contribute to training of internal and external assessors.
- Deliver feedback calls to unsuccessful applicants.
- Ensure recruitment practices are carried out consistently, efficiently and fairly to achieve a best practice selection process.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong belief and enthusiasm for Unlocked Graduates’ aims.
- Knowledge of the graduate recruitment cycle and the processes it involves.
- Experience of working with a range of different people.
- Experience of working within a university, recruitment or careers setting or directly with students or career changers.
- Experience of delivering to targets.
- Project management experience of delivering projects with a clear goal.
- Understanding of how to reach out and attract a diverse pool of applicants.
- Experience in the use of candidate management systems (desirable).
- Understanding of the role of a prison officer (desirable).
Characteristics and skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills with an ability to work well in a small team.
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to make critical judgements and take decisions.
- Capacity to use your initiative to overcome obstacles.
- Positive and pro-active attitude.
- Commitment to the goals and values of Unlocked.
- Ability to work independently, with conflicting demands, in a high-pressured environment.
- Flexible, highly-organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- A team player, who is willing to deliver practically on the ground and be hands-on.
- Regularly evaluates own performance to build on strengths and identify areas to improve.
- Right to work in the UK.
- You will need to be committed to travelling to other regions and UK universities throughout the recruitment season. This may involve occasional evening events and weekend work. Our main busy period is October-February.
How to apply
To apply, please follow the link where you will need to fill in a short application form and upload a CV.
If you would like to have an informal and confidential discussion about the role or about the process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 10th July 5pm
First round interviews: w/c Monday 13th July (via Zoom)
Second round interviews: w/c Monday 20th July (via Zoom)
Applications will be assessed as they are received. Please let us know if you will have any limits on your availability during this time. For more information about Unlocked Graduates please visit our website.