Recruitment Officer (Selection)
We are looking for an innovative and well-organised individual to join our Recruitment team. You will play an important role in designing our processes to select the highest quality applicants to work in prisons with Unlocked Graduates.
You will be responsible for the logistics and organisation of our selection processes, particularly assessment centres as we seek to create an adaptable remote way of running these. You will be the key point of contact for candidates at this stage of the process and work to ensure that all candidates have a positive experience of the process, whilst also collaborating with external stakeholders to ensure our selection process is as fair and consistent as possible.
You will work with the Recruitment Director to design and set up new systems and processes and support the post-selection journey for candidates. This position offers a mix of logistics planning, stakeholder management, data analysis and creating innovative activities to improve our selection processes.
You’ll join a hard-working team with opportunities every day for new achievements and experiences.
- Take a hands-on role in screening and assessing applicants against the required attributes as well as training others on this
- Design materials for screening and assessing including scoring matrices, feedback forms, assessor instruction materials
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of assessment centres ensuring all participants and assessors have the information required for their involvement
- Facilitate the running of assessment centres to ensure all candidates receive a positive candidate experience
- Deal with candidate queries regarding the selection process and manage the booking process for assessment centres
- Act as a main point of contact for screeners and assessors so that queries are dealt with quickly and effectively and they are equipped to assess candidates fairly and consistently
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders that support the recruitment process, both internal and external
- Conduct ongoing analysis of our selection process and communicate this to relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Recruitment Director to develop new exercises to improve the selection process
- Ensure recruitment practices are carried out consistently, efficiently and fairly to achieve a best practice selection process, researching the development of new systems and processes where relevant
- Communicate the Unlocked mission, values and messaging consistently to maintain a positive candidate journey for applicants
- Ad hoc support for the attraction team during busy times; for example event attendance and driving applications
- Leading on post-assessment centre onboarding processes including the organisation and management of fitness tests, university enrolment and launch events
- Manage relationships with HMPPS to ensure candidates are fully onboarded and ready to start the programme
- Ensure maintenance of detailed records and databases to continuously evaluate and improve the recruitment campaign
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong belief and enthusiasm for Unlocked Graduates’ aims.
- Knowledge of the graduate recruitment cycle and the processes it involves.
- Experience of working with a range of different people.
- Project management experience of delivering projects with a clear goal.
- Understanding of the importance of fair and consistency in selection processes.
- Experience of working within assessment and selection (desirable).
- Experience in the use of candidate management systems (desirable).
- Understanding of the role of a prison officer (desirable).
Characteristics and skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with confidence managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills with an ability to work well in a small team.
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to make critical judgements and take decisions.
- Capacity to use your initiative to overcome obstacles.
- Positive and pro-active attitude.
- Commitment to the goals and values of Unlocked.
- Ability to work independently, with conflicting demands, in a high-pressured environment.
- A team player, who is willing to deliver practically on the ground and be hands-on.
- Regularly evaluates own performance to build on strengths and identify areas to improve.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Our roles involve occasional evening events and weekend work. Our main busy period is October-March.
How to apply
To apply, please follow the link where you will need to fill in a short application form and upload a CV.
If you would like to have an informal and confidential discussion about the role or about the process please contact email@example.com.
- Closing date: Friday 10th July 5pm
- First round interviews: w/c Monday 13th July
- Second round interviews: w/c Monday 20th July
Applications will be assessed as they are received.
Please let us know if you will have any limits on your availability during this time. For more information about Unlocked Graduates please visit our website.