Recruitment Summer Intern
Unlocked Graduates is an award-winning charity which exists to break cycles of reoffending by developing outstanding individuals to lead rehabilitation in prisons and throughout society.
At the core of our mission is a leadership development programme that brings top graduates into prisons to work as frontline prison officers for two years. This programme includes mentoring, work placements in partner organisations and a fully funded master’s degree. All of which they take part in while taking on the full duties of a frontline prison officer.
The project grew out of a recommendation in the Coates’ Review of prison education. Programme participants are selected through a rigorous and competitive recruitment process which is raising the profile of the prison officer role. Last year the scheme was ranked 36th in the Times Top 100 Graduate Employers list.
Interns are an invaluable part of our team and work across all areas, undertaking a range of tasks and responsibilities. As a recruitment intern, you will work within the recruitment team and support us as we prepare for our attraction season, providing insight on student marketing and developing new ways of marketing, through planning events, creating content and more. You will also learn more about how we recruit outstanding individuals to work as prison officers who ultimately support our mission of reducing reoffending rates.
We are looking for a creative and passionate individual to take on this exciting and varied role. We offer the opportunity to get involved with a wide range of activities and contribute to our programme and mission.
- Being a key point of contact for general recruitment enquiries.
- Drafting excellent communications to interested applicants.
- Raising awareness about the Unlocked Graduates mission.
- Developing new events for the coming attraction season.
- Developing training and guidance documents for new Brand Managers.
- Providing insight on suggested marketing and advertising for students.
- Researching diverse groups of applicants and creating new, targeted content.
- Supporting the development of our selection process and designing materials.
- Displaying enthusiasm for the Unlocked Graduates mission.
You must be passionate about Unlocked’s mission and values, and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Organised and able to prioritise and manage your time effectively.
- Able to build productive working relationships with key contacts.
- Attention to detail – able to complete both written and data-related tasks with precision, ensuring accuracy and coherence across all your work.
- Excellent teamwork within and across teams.
- Flexible and eager to get stuck in.
- Computer literate, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A creative thinker, with an interest in advertising and marketing.
- Good written communication skills in print and email.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Must be a current student or recent graduate.
- Report to: Recruitment Director
- Salary: £10.85 per hour. We are committed to being a real Living Wage employer.
- Hours: Full time
- Location: London, EC4Y 8BQ
- Start Date: July/August 2021
- Contract: Fixed term
How to apply
The first stage involves a simple application where we ask for your details and a few questions regarding your motivations to apply for the role, and your ideas around marketing and promotion. If you are successful, you will be invited to a virtual interview with the recruitment team.
Deadline: Friday 4th June 17:00
You can remail the Recruitment Team if you have any further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org