Operations Administrator 2021
UTP Merchant Services Limited and its sister company Faster Processing Limited are two of the fastest growing, innovative fintech organisations in the UK. Through a mixture of innovation and a focus on delivering outstanding customer service, we are committed to providing our customer base with market leading credit and debit card processing solutions.
With a customer base of over 20,000 customers, approximately £3 billion is processed across UTP’s estate of credit card machines each year with many hundreds of new customers being added on a monthly basis.
Reporting to the On-Boarding Supervisor and working as part of the department’s Underwriting function, the Operations Administrators are responsible for converting new applications sourced by our sales force into live customer accounts, resolving any queries preventing an application being submitted to our underwriting partner. Dynamically communicating with the sales force and customers is key to ensure swift turnaround to approval. This is a fast-paced administrative position, and requires an individual with attention to detail and accuracy when working under pressure; we are seeking applications with data entry and processing experience who can demonstrate they have clear communication skills. The role suits a focused candidate who is results driven and can prove they can work with a sense of urgency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Rapidly develop a thorough understanding of the payments industry and the market sector we operate within, together with a thorough understanding of the services we have on offer
- Convert new applications from the sales force to live customer accounts
- Assisting sales agents with an empathetic, persuasive, and confident telephone manner
- Detailed knowledge of overall Customer Service processes & query resolution
- Quickly develop an understanding of the end to end flow of new customer accounts through the company’s set-up process
- Provide support for all sales agents until account approval is achieved
- Take ownership over individual pipeline, either by resolving the issue directly or sourcing details from merchants
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Educated to A Level or equivalent qualification level
- A keen eye for detail and ability to perform daily tasks without high error rate
- Exceptional organisational skills
- High energy with the ability to multi-task and prioritise as appropriate
- A sense of ownership and an autonomous approach to workload
- Comfortable working independently and efficiently to deadlines
- Ability to logically pursue problems, overcome queries and set priorities
- Highly literate, clear communicators with a good confident telephone manner
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building abilities
- Self-motivation with a positive approach to targets, whilst supporting the department manager to ensure department KPI’s are adhered to
- Living within a reasonable commute of Reading