Junior IT Engineer 2021
V-Nova, a London based IP and software company, is dedicated to improving data compression by building a vast portfolio of innovative technologies based on the game-changing use of AI and parallel processing for data, video, imaging, and point cloud compression, with applications across several verticals. This is achieved through deep-science R&D (300+ international patents) and the development of products that test, prove and continuously enhance the technology portfolio.
V-Nova has contributed part of its IP to drive standardization of two codec formats, MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC), a low-complexity enhancement video codec, and SMPTE VC-6 (ST-2117), a high-performance AI-based video and imaging codec. We’ve developed multiple award-winning software products to kickstart the ecosystems for its technologies and allow their immediate deployment, addressing use cases in TV, media, live event production, entertainment, social networks, eCommerce, ad-tech, security, aerospace, defence, automotive and gaming.
We’re committed to the extraordinary and rely on the talent of our high-performing diverse teams to provide innovative solutions and deliver what we promise. We’ve worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment and excellence and achieves through teamwork. We’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals who thrive off solving challenging problems and want to make an impact. With groundbreaking technology, a fast-paced collaborative environment and major growth plans, there’s never been a more exciting time to join us.
V-Nova’s IT department is looking for a Junior IT engineer to help support a variety of IT tasks crucial in running an efficient well-functioning IT department. V-Nova is a fast paced, young company with a growing Software Engineering Department. Our video codec development work means that we have some interesting and challenging IT and infrastructure needs to cope with the significant amount of data generated and processing power require for testing as part of our development process. In addition to the high performance needs more typical IT requirements exist for other departments in the company.
Reporting directly to the IT Manager this role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to development their experience and knowledge on a wide range of IT systems and infrastructure. A combination of on the job training and relevant training courses will keep your career moving forward with our vision for you in this role and our future IT department.
- 1st line attendance to helpdesk issues coming in and assignment appropriately to him/herself or to other IT team members and where required to our DevOps team.
- This person will have widespread access to all infrastructure components so he/she must be trustworthy and responsible
- Onboarding new personnel and offboarding leavers
- Asset management of hardware and software
- Documentation for systems and projects
- Regular reporting of status and progress & timely reporting of issues
- Work with the IT team to improve security across all IT systems and processes.
- Performance monitoring, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting
- Maintenance of any IT, security and compliance policies
- They should be organised and proactive, striving to complete issues and tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to work independently where appropriate but will seek help when not confident in a solution or their experience
- They should be eager to develop their knowledge in the fields of networking, system security, Windows & Linux operating systems and virtualised infrastructure
- Relevant professional qualification in IT/Computer Science, higher education/degree level desirable.
- Have worked in some capacity in a professional office environment
- knowledge of networking and other IT hardware (servers, storage, switches, routers, etc.)
- PC/workstation hardware/software configurations
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication
- Experience of working in Broadcast Media