Graduate Engineer West Midlands 2024
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone.
Through our graduate scheme you’ll help us to achieve our purpose of Ecological Transformation and build a career we can be proud of. No matter what role you have, when you join us you can play a key role in achieving our vision, and we can make yours happen too.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
During this programme, you’ll gain valuable insight into our services and strategic projects and we’ll help you to further develop your skills and knowledge so that you can succeed in your career. You’ll also join our graduate network and receive our continued support throughout.
We’re strong believers in continuous development here at Veolia and actively encourage and support everyone to keep going after you finish the programme.
What you'll be doing
- Support the management in driving operational efficiencies across our current contract portfolio which will include Total Waste Management (TWM) Sites, Wastewater Treatment Plants and Energy Facilities.
- As part of driving operational efficiencies, you will be required to run and deliver separate projects.
- Support operations and the wider Veolia team in bidding for new business and supporting in the whole bid process from start to finish.
- Present findings to key internal stakeholders whilst presenting opportunities to external clients aimed at achieving contract growth.
- Support our asset management team by being a key link between operations and asset management, supporting maintenance improvements across our current contract base.
- As part of the maintenance improvements, we will look for the successful candidate to drive overall improvements to our maintenance strategy.
What we're looking for
- Degree level qualification in engineering, ideally mechanical or electrical engineering (to be achieved by September 2024)
- Enthusiastic person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An individual keen on driving positive environmental impacts in our drive for carbon reduction with a good understanding of carbon solutions and strategies
- Ability to work alone and as a part of the wider team
- Competent with Google and/or Microsoft Packages, including Excel, Word and power point
What we can offer you
- 25 days of annual leave
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
- Access to our company pension scheme
- One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- 24-hour access to a virtual GP, 365 days a year, for you and family members in your household
Before we can consider your application further, you'll need to complete a couple of short, gamified assessments. If you're successful following this, we’ll then invite you to one of our virtual assessment days and a site visit.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.