Compliance & Governance Placement
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch..
About the team
Spend your placement year as part of our Compliance & Governance team and you’ll learn about governance and regulation within financial services. You’ll put your learning into action in the fast-paced world of retail financial services. You’ll develop your skills every day with the support of a mentor, our superb training and a development plan that’s as individual as you are.
Learning at pace, you’ll help us to manage our regulatory responsibilities and risks! You will support business partners to identify and control regulatory risk. With a focus on fair outcomes for our customers, you’ll identify and report regulatory risks and issues, and advise the business on ways to mitigate them. All the time we’ll keep you on your toes with different challenges and experiences to help you kick start your career in Compliance & Governance.
- Review and interpret regulatory changes and communications and assess the impacts to our business.
- Identify compliance risks and advise the business on how to manage them.
- Support with the submission of regular reports to trade associations and regulators, such as monthly/quarterly/bi-annual returns to the FCA/FLA.
- Dig deep into reports to provide independent challenge, commentary and recommendations.
- Evaluate business activities to assess compliance risk.
- Participate in projects that will help to grow our business and improve our customer experience ensuring that we comply with regulations and focus on fair customer outcomes.
- Attend meetings and actively contribute to discussions to ensure that compliance risks are fully considered.
What you'll need?
You should be an undergraduate currently studying for a degree, we are open to students from all backgrounds, but a legal or financial services course would be an advantage. You must have a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to interpret and quickly digest complex principles and concepts. Above all, you must be intellectually curious, confident and have the courage of your convictions. We are looking for someone who loves responsibility and can think independently. Most importantly, you’ll have a strong customer focus and desire to always deliver the best outcomes possible for our customers.