Graduate Supply Chain Assistant
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a number of Supply Chain Assistants to join the Category's based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
We have some really exciting Supply Chain Assistant opportunities at The Very Group. You’ll report directly into the Supply Chain Leads for support and have lots of opportunity to further develop your skills.
As a Supply Chain Assistant, you will support the Supply Chain Manager to ensure that inventory plans are executed, and availability delivered to support our sale plans. You will be responsible for availability, stock and the customer experience.
Day to day you will work closely with your internal colleagues and external supply base to ensure a seamless process from monitoring, tracking and reporting on supplier availability and performance. You will make recommendation on changes to the inventory plan where required and resolve any warehouse queries supported by the Category Teams.
- Purchase order creation in line with supplier lead times and FSP's inventory plans
- Progression of stock deliveries from suppliers into DC's
- Management of Direct Despatch suppliers availability, ensuring visibility throughout
- Management of Direct Despatch customer promise
- Work with supply base to ensure expected levels of availability are delivered.
- Creating action plans with suppliers to address under-performance
- Monitor, track and report on supplier availability and supplier performance.
- Support operational planning activities, monitoring and re-forecasting as appropriate.
- Create analysis of stock mix and stock health to support category decision making
- Highlight potential availability gaps, with recommended inventory amendments to improve availability
- Make recommendations on changes to the inventory plan where required
- Consolidation of supplier availability information for sharing internally with Category Managers & FSP's
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience but the ideal candidate will have/be:
- A degree within business, economics, maths or analytics with a strong interest in retail
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong excel skills are essential
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility