Graduate Supply Chain Assistant 2021
As a Supply Chain Assistant, you will support the Supply Chain Manager to ensure that inventory plans are executed, and availability delivered to support our sale plans. You will be responsible for availability, stock and the customer experience.
Day to day you will work closely with your internal colleagues and external supply base to ensure a seamless process from monitoring, tracking and reporting on supplier availability and performance. You will make recommendation on changes to the inventory plan where required and resolve any warehouse queries supported by the Category Teams.
- Purchase order creation in line with supplier lead times and FSP's inventory plans
- Progression of stock deliveries from suppliers into DC's
- Management of Direct Despatch suppliers availability, ensuring visibility throughout
- Management of Direct Despatch customer promise
- Work with supply base to ensure expected levels of availability are delivered.
- Creating action plans with suppliers to address under-performance
- Monitor, track and report on supplier availability and supplier performance.
- Support operational planning activities, monitoring and re-forecasting as appropriate.
- Create analysis of stock mix and stock health to support category decision making
- Highlight potential availability gaps, with recommended inventory amendments to improve availability
- Make recommendations on changes to the inventory plan where required
- Consolidation of supplier availability information for sharing internally with Category Managers & FSP's
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience but the ideal candidate will have/be:
- A degree within business, economics, maths or analytics with a strong interest in retail
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong excel skills are essential
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.