People Data and Insight Graduate 2021
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
We have a really exciting opportunity looking for a People Data and Insight graduate to join The Very Group. You’ll report directly into the HR Systems & MI Manager for support and have lots of opportunities to further develop your skills with access to our data specialist team.
As a People Data and Insight Graduate, you will be responsible for creating and developing dashboards and visuals to bring to life our people data sets. You will also be part of our People Services team here at Very and have opportunities to get involved and support in many different activities and projects, which will give you a broader experience & insight into the world of HR.
Day to day you will be analysing rich data and have an innate ability to produce insightful reports with accuracy, whilst delivering with excellence and pace. You will help shape and drive the people insight and reporting agenda forward whilst being a position disrupter, spotting trends and flagging them before they are spotted by anyone else. Your insight will help our people team and leaders take people decisions and improve our overall organisational effectiveness. Most importantly you will become a specialist in people science and tooling (e.g. power bi) with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop.
Regular reporting – You will deliver reports and insight requirements based of briefs and requests and meeting our regulatory requirements
Story-telling – You will be able to join the dots and articulate key points that the data tells us, whilst being able to present back confidently
External market – You will plug into the external market, e.g. understanding the latest data/insight tools and trends as well as staying well connected to our Data team within Very
Role modelling digital first - You will use tech and tools to work in the most progressive ways
Stakeholder engagement – You will build and maintain strong relationships within the people team and the wider business
Data Control – You will ensure that our people data & systems are kept up to date through regular audits & control
We are looking for someone who has a strong analytical mindset who isn’t afraid of hard work and passionate about driving a people first culture. You will not stand on the side lines and will get stuck in, giving your own views, opinions and feedback as you go.
- Has a strong analytical degree, ideally in maths
- Advanced level in Excel, with proven experience of using macros, vlookup, pivot tables & maintaining/improving reporting templates.
- Experience of using industry standard reporting tools (e.g. Oracle Business Intelligence or other BI tools)
- Power BI skills and any automation tooling would be preferable, along with an understanding of Oracle HR and Payroll Application or other HR systems
- Strong working knowledge of standard MS Office tools
- Able to forge strong relationships internally and externally
- Natural collaborate and team player
- Self-motivator and results driven
- Well organised and strong attention to detail
- A natural story telling and problem solver
- Commercially aware
- Hungry to learn and eager to bring external ideas/thinking to the work you do
- Confident in presenting your thoughts
- Shares our third for knowledge and passion for people led outcomes, keen attention to detail and a real passion for our talent
- Above all, you’ll be full of fresh ideas and love working as part of a diverse team
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options