Technology and Innovation Graduate Scheme 2021
We’re Virgin Media. We’re part of Liberty Global, one of the world’s leading converged video, broadband and communication companies. And we’re obsessed with delivering transformational products and services that improve the digital lives of our customers.
Love technology and innovation as much as we do? Then join our graduate scheme. Develop game-changing ideas for connecting people. Pursue a fast-track career at the heart of our telecommunications business.
What to expect
Taking on four rotations in two years, you’ll blaze a trail through our TV, broadband, mobile and fixed voice communications businesses while developing some pretty awesome technical skills.
The journey usually starts in Reading or Hammersmith. But there should be plenty of opportunities to venture further afield (hello Amsterdam!). Here are just some of the areas you could get involved in along the way:
- Network expansion – delivering the UK’s fastest available broadband speed
- Delivery and Project Management
- Technology Architecture and Testing
- IP & Optical Network Engineering
- Network Operations
- Mobile Network & Operations
- Supply Chain
- Tech Ventures
- Capital and Performance Management
- Video Engineering
- Network Capacity Planning
- Customer Equipment
- Data Modelling & Analytics
“There’s always something new to work on, and new technologies to integrate into our products, which is really fun!”
Sophie, Technology and Innovation graduate
What we look for
Insatiable curiosity and attention to detail, backed up with the confidence to share your thoughts and even challenge the ways we work. You must be fluent in English and have a 2:1 degree or above in a STEM or IT-related discipline. You also need the qualities we look for in all our graduates. That means being a:
- Co-creator who can develop and execute strategies
- Entrepreneur who is passionate about achieving results
- Innovator who strives to meet our customers’ future needs
- Collaborator who can come up with ideas that inspire and influence senior figures
- Inspirational leader with outstanding communication, organisational and analytical skills
We’re 100% committed to having a workforce that represents every part of our society. So we’re keen to hear from candidates of all background and circumstances. The only barrier to applying would be if you didn’t have the right work in the UK and were unable to obtain it without our support.
What’s in it for you
First-hand experience. On-the-job training. Collaboration opportunities with technology experts across Europe. And a rock-solid grounding in our technology business that will turbo-boost your career for years to come. You’ll also get the chance to deliver groundbreaking products, amazing apps used by millions, and some of the fastest broadband speeds on the planet.
Scheme duration: 2-years
Location: Amsterdam, Reading & Birmingham
Start date: 13 September 2021
Salary: £30,000 plus £2,000 welcome bonus + amazing benefits