Government Engagement Internship 2021
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Government Engagement team is focused on developing Visa's position on key public policy issues facing the digital payments sector.
The team is responsible for establishing Visa as a thought leader on key issues, maintaining critical external relationships and proactively aligning business initiatives with policy trends and public policy objectives.
The team monitors policy developments in the UK, Ireland and around the world, and through sound research and analysis develops content that helps shape the policy discourse. The team also provides advice to a number of internal stakeholder groups on both mature and emerging payments policy issues..
We are looking for a self- starting intern to facilitate more agile ways of working. You will be relied upon as a trusted resource for the team to undertake research, analyse policy, review documents, distil volumes of information into key insights and effectively communicate key findings. You will have a good grasp of politics, economicsand ideally a keen interested in industry developments pertaining to FinTech and payments. Interns could work on:
- Research key policy issues and assist senior members of the team in content development (e.g., drafting issues papers, case studies, discussion papers, fact sheets, presentations, memos, and responses to public consultations)
- Update internal policy and regulation tracking tools and produce periodic reports for internal stakeholders
- Facilitating joint problem-solving with mid-level and senior-level colleagues
- Monitor the evolution of the FinTech industry, competitive landscape, new technology developments and regulatory environment.
- Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues.
- Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for recommendations.
- Communicate recommendations to senior management in a clear, concise and impactful way
Visa Europe is home to a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Our campaign YOUniqueness, Accepted Everywhere is all about allowing our team to unleash the talent and potential that is uniquely their own. We’re looking for the next generation of change-agents – dreamers and creatives - who are fascinated by new technology and want to be empowered to change the way business is done. Therefore, our requirements are few:
- University student will be graduating in 2022 or later
- Flexible, adaptable and able to think quickly.
- Proactive, with experience of being a self-starter and has a willingness to learn
- Enjoys agile working
- Solution provider
- Forward thinker.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver complex cross-enterprise projects with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior executives and external business partners
- Self-starter, results-focused, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- Comfortable working with data and insights.
- You have a proven ability to thrive in high pressure situations and a fast paced environment
- You are innovative and curious, positive and proactive – always looking for ways to do things better
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; you’re comfortable managing spreadsheets, devising formulas, and performing data analysis, while also building Executive presentations
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.