Merchant Sales & Solutions Internship 2021
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a self- starting Intern to facilitate more agile ways of working across Merchant Sales.
Tasks could include
- Reporting and sales analysis
- Support teams in the development of new initiatives/solutions, implement marketing/usage initiatives targeting traditional and new merchant segments, both in physical world and virtual world, with a focus on mobile based acceptance solutions.
- In continuous collaboration with Merchant Sales and Acquiring Functional Areas to ensure alignment with country, regional and global strategies.
- Providing day-to-day support, for execution of initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate delivery times by internal units
- Develop strong conflict management skills in order to work effectively with a large range of teams to develop accountability, transparency, and rapid fact-based decision-making.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the Markets under their responsibility, including major competitors (local & international) issuing, acquiring processors and merchants, in order to help Sales team with target sales goals.
- Proactively provide continuous feedback for improving existing processes and activities that are affecting our sales force and clients.
- Maintain and build strong cross-functional relations across Visa Inc. to exchange, learn and leverage best practice
Visa Europe is home to a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Our campaign YOUniqueness, Accepted Everywhere is all about allowing our team to unleash the talent and potential that is uniquely their own. We’re looking for the next generation of change-agents – dreamers and creatives - who are fascinated by new technology and want to be empowered to change the way business is done. Therefore, our requirements are few:
- Current university student graduating in 2022 or later
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree
- Flexible, adaptable and able to think quickly.
- Proactive, with experience of being a self-starter and has a willingness to learn
- Enjoys agile working
- Solution provider
- Forward thinker.
- Passionate about technology and the payments industry
- Confident communication skills able to work with senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the attitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate with evidence of tangible business results
- Demonstrated teamwork and relationship-building skills.
- Comfortable working with Data and Insights.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, as well as written and oral skills including the ability to present with impact to a variety of stakeholders
- You have project management experience with excellent attention to detail
- You have a proven ability to thrive in high pressure situations and a fast paced and matrixed environment
- You are comfortable juggling multiple projects while quick to adapt to shifting priorities
- You are innovative and curious, positive and proactive – always looking for ways to do things better
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; you’re comfortable managing spreadsheets, devising formulas, and performing data analysis, while also building Executive presentations
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.