Finance & Business Operations Placement 2022
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
This Finance and Business Operations Intern position provides a unique opportunity to gain industry experience in a world leading technology organization. You will have opportunities to participate in all areas of finance and operations, from business planning to forecasting, from headcount investment to economic research. This 12-month placement is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a passion in business or finance who is looking for an introduction to commercial experience in the workplace.
Success in the Role
- Provide support to the Northern European Business to enable them to meet their forecasting and reporting needs.
- Develop close working relationships with the sales force and other business functions to support their requirements
What type of work will you be doing?
Your regular activities may be modified to suit your developing professional strengths, but you can expect a variety of the following assignments:
- Work with the Finance and Business Operations team to improve forecast accuracy for the region and ensure that Salesforce.com can be used as a timely and accurate forecasting tool
- Take an active role in the half-yearly goaling process of the sales force, driving better targeting with sound historical data
- Take an active role in developing the Management Reporting pack that can be used as standard across the Region
- Supporting the Sales Teams and Business Functions with data analysis that will drive improved business behavior
What is the leadership like for this role?
The team is led by the Finance Director for Northern Europe (the recruiting manager for this role) and has several team members in key locations throughout Europe. The intern will receive meaningful mentorship, feedback, and support from the team to help improve their business development and marketing skills in a technology environment. The intern will also have the opportunity to independently develop solutions to assignments and improve skills.
The team culture is one based on building trust, on-going development through coaching, and giving back to the community through service learning.
What skillsets are useful for this role?
- Sense of curiosity
- Currently studying towards a Business, Finance or Economics degree
- Motivated and organized person who is a self-starter and can multi-task
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Passionate about highly successful commercial operations
- Fascination with information technology and its use in business
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and take ownership of tasks
- Strong spreadsheet skills and a desire to learn
Where is this role located?
The location of this role is flexible near Staines, UK. Work will be done from an office some days during a week and otherwise from a non-VMware building.
What are the perks of working at VMware as an Intern?
You will be in a work environment that promotes your health and wellbeing through flexible working hours, EPIC 2 Days Off and other Wellness benefits.
Grow your career through various programs such as Women Connecting Women Mentorship Program, involvement in our DE&I Power of Difference Communities and a range of fun social activities and specific Intern Learning and Development Tracks.
You will have the opportunity to build your network across the EMEA region and beyond and give back to your local community with our VMware Service Learning program.