Business Sales Discover Graduate Programme
We dream big, innovate with heart, and empower people through technology. Whether we’re helping scientists fight a pandemic or enabling people to live more sustainably, we turn ideas into reality and our ambitions into action. It’s this spirit that drives our grads to make real progress; in the world around them and in their careers.
Here you’ll be inspired to own your journey, whether you’ll be learning from brilliant mistakes or growing from projects that make a real impact. At Vodafone we don’t just hope for change, we make it happen.
Business at Vodafone
The world is changing at a rapid pace, technology is advancing faster than ever before and in order to succeed businesses of all sizes need to adapt to the changing digital landscape around them.
Our UK and Group Business functions are focused on doing just that. By connecting people, places and things, Vodafone Business helps organisations succeed in a digital world. With our expertise in connectivity, our leading IoT platform and our global scale, we can deliver the results organisations need to progress and thrive. By joining the Business Sales Discover Graduate Programme you could play a part in helping businesses of all sizes and sectors to connect for a better future.
What’s in it for you:
- Investment in your sales and professional skills development
- Depending on your degree subject you could complete a three-year sales apprenticeship degree. You’ll spend 20% of your working week learning the latest business and sales skills, putting your learning into practise, reflecting on your learning through assignments, and receiving coaching to support your continuous learning. Upon completion you’ll gain a BSc degree in Professional Practice in B2B Sales.
- Mentors and additional support from Sales leaders and our best sales people;
- Having customer exposure and accountability for sales from day one;
- Learning from industry experts that facilitate a focused professional development to enable you to take your career forwards;
- Being part of a global community of graduates;
- Flexible working and fast paced environment;
- A focus on helping our customers to innovate, transform their businesses and do things differently;
- High and demanding expectations which will test your capability and limits.
What to expect:
During this programme, you will be working across teams that aim to connect people, places and things and deliver digital solutions to allow businesses to succeed. You can expect to see a focus on innovation and doing things differently for our customers. Their success will be your success so building a trusting partnership is vital.
The Sales stream will give you the opportunity to gain experience in New Business Development, Account Management, Specialist Sales and Technical Sales whilst working across a mixture of private and public sector accounts. This will enable you to quickly develop a broad range of sales and customer skills, learn how to transform different industries and sectors through our technology, and understand where your strengths and passions lie. The programme duration is 3 years with rotations lasting 1 year each. Which rotations you experience will depend on the business needs at the time. You will have the opportunity to work in different locations, teams, roles, industries and customer accounts to give you a rounded view of businesses and give a strong foundation to launch your Sales career.
What we’re looking for:
- An interest in business and entrepreneurship
- Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital;
- Intellectual curiosity and hunger for development;
- Customer focused and commercial savviness;
- Ability to quickly build rapport with people from all walks of life, inside and outside of Vodafone (need better wording);
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Creativity and adaptability;
- Proficient in English
- Able to relocate around the UK based on your rotation each year
Whatever your talents, passion or degree, you’ll have the freedom to explore different rotations and be exposed to various experiences that will help you discover what is right for you.
Knowing your path isn’t key, but knowing you want to learn and make a difference is. At Vodafone, we stay a work in progress. It’s how we keep rising. We ask the difficult questions and search deep for new ways forward. That’s why we need the most fearless grads who aren’t scared to change what we do and break boundaries.
Put your spirit into practice, and Act Up.
Start date: September 2021
Duration of Programme: 3 years - rotational placement programme
Starting salary: £30k basic salary and £3,300 on target commission in first year, with yearly pay progression and opportunities to earn over £50k in your third year
Location: All roles are location independent meaning you won’t work at any one location or office every day. We expect you’ll spend your time between home, with colleagues at meeting points and at customer sites. Each year you will be centred around one of the following locations; Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham/Coventry, Newark, Swansea, London, Newbury, Bristol.
Flexibility is required between all locations for the duration of the programme.
What you need: A 2.2 in any degree. Recently graduated (Bachelors or Masters within one year). You must also have the right to work in the UK without restrictions in full-time, permanent employment. We do not offer visa sponsorship.
Application close date: 30st November, however, we may close earlier if we have enough game changing applications, so apply early.