HR Summer Placement Programme 2021
We dream big, innovate with heart, and empower people through technology. Whether that is by helping scientists fight a pandemic or enabling people to live more sustainably, we turn ideas into reality and our ambitions into action. It’s this spirit that drives our youth to make real progress; in the world around them and in their careers.
Here you’ll be inspired to own your journey, whether you’ll be learning from brilliant mistakes or growing from projects that make a real impact. At Vodafone we don’t just hope for change, we make it happen.
HR at Vodafone
At Vodafone, we don't just produce innovative products, we develop amazing people too. It's in our DNA to excel, to create a better future, to be restless and passionate about finding new ways to connect our customers, colleagues and communities. We are committed to helping our people perform at their best and achieve their full potential, while creating an environment in which they can truly be themselves and thrive. Our HR functions enable the organisation to maximise the contribution of our people to the delivery of our goals.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to explore your passion for people, and understand where your HR career could take you
- Exposure and real-life experience of HR and the impact it has on an organisation
- Extensive learning opportunities and investment in your personal and professional development
- Working as part of a global organisation in a global HR team. The internship will give you the opportunity to become an integral member of one of our HRBP, People & Organisation or HR Operations teams.
- Accountability from day one and the opportunity to be involved in work which builds our digital future
- Flexible working and fast paced environment
- A focus on innovation and doing things differently
- Being part of a large community of Summer Placement students
- The opportunity to be fast tracked onto one of our graduate programmes
What we’re looking for
- A passion for working with people and an understanding of how getting this right relates to business success
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and reports
- Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital
- Demonstrate creativity and adaptability
- Embodying our Spirit behaviours
- Strong academic performance
- Proficiency in English
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
All the roles available will either be at our vibrant Newbury campus or London Paddington office. Given the current context which has seen 90% of Vodafone employees working from home since March 2020 as well as our ambition of being #FutureReady, we are expecting flexibility around work location (time working from home and time in the office) to continue during the course of the summer placement programme.
What you need
- On track for a 2:2 in any BA/BSc/Integrated Masters degree
- You must be in your penultimate year of your academic programme; i.e. you must be in the 2nd year of a 3 -year degree or the 3rd year of a 4-year degree
- You must also have the correct right to work documentation in place for the full programme duration. We do not offer visa sponsorship.
Application close date
26th February 2021, however, we may close earlier if we have enough game changing applications, so apply early!
Please note that you can only make one application to one of our Summer Placement programmes for 2021. We will only consider your first application.
Vodafone is committed to making reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process for all candidates considered to have a disability. If you have any questions, please let us know at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Put your spirit into practice and Act Up.