Fast Track: Technology Graduate Programme
About the Bright Network Fast Track
This process is for Bright Network members exclusively and allows you to be recommended directly to Vodafone by Bright Network. To get started, fill in a short initial application form by clicking the apply now button – if successful, you’ll receive a call from the Bright Network team.
Vodafone is recruiting on a first come first serve basis, so early applications are recommend.
Note: If you’ve applied for Vodafone since 1st September 2019, unfortunately you will be unable to apply for this opportunity.
You’re Generation Possible. You don’t wait for change. Neither do we. As a global tech leader, we connect millions of people and make all kinds of things possible - from supporting Africa's most successful mobile money service to enabling people to help cure cancer while they sleep. You can build a better future with us.
With technology driving 5G, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics, there’s plenty to get involved with here at Vodafone, and we’re looking for curious-minded, innovative individuals with a passion for all things Tech to dive straight in and help us build a better future for everyone.
What’s in it for you
- Working for an industry-leading global tech company
- Working with Business and Consumer Customers to create exciting Technology Products to help shape our digital future.
- Structured training and investment in your personal development
- Business exposure and accountability from day one
- Cutting-edge training on-the-job and in the virtual classroom
- Mentoring, feedback and learning through your support network
- Being part of a buzzing graduate community
- 28 days’ annual leave, flexible working and a generous benefits package
This two-year rotational programme is made up of five sub-streams:
Generalist Technology Sub-Stream
If you want to pursue a Technology career, but aren’t sure where it could take you, this stream is the answer. We’ll identify your strengths and interests at the assessment centre and find the best role for you. We have a huge range of roles here, and you could rotate across:
- Software Development
- IoT and Robotics
- Front and back-end development
- Big Data
- Automation and much, much more
We also offer less technical roles if you’re interested in learning more and exploring the world of Tech. These include Project Management, Business Analyst & Risk Analyst roles, as well as others requiring strong organisational, stakeholder management and analytical skills.
Specific Technology Sub-Streams
If you’ve got a clear idea of the technical discipline you want to develop your future career and technical capabilities in, there are four specific technology sub-streams you could enter on this programme.
As we move more towards becoming a software company right across our network and end-to-end services, software engineering is becoming a critical skill in driving us forwards, whether we’re buying in quality solutions, building our own unique customer experiences or inventing the future of communications. Here, you’ll develop skills in areas like cloud solutions, networks, digital customer experiences as well as DevOps, CI/CD toolchains, new software lifecycles and agile methodologies.
As networks become virtualized, predictive, self-adapting, and ever more intelligent, our work is becoming more challenging, more thrilling than ever before. So if you’re fascinated by the technology that keeps networks connected across different countries 24/7, and enables people and business to change the world, this is the stream for you. Here, you’ll develop skills in areas like network operations (fixed, mobile and TV), radio and transmission, technology strategy and architecture, IT operations, cloud and virtualisation, while gaining core knowledge in network engineering.
We need to keep one step ahead of ever-growing cyber threats and our strong, international team of ethical hackers, cyber-defence experts and architects leads the way. Join them and you’ll work to maintain our existing services and design security into new products as they come off the drawing board – creating solutions that work across international boundaries and protect against increasingly complex threats. Placements include Cyber Defence, Security Consultancy and Engineering, Ethical Hacking, Incident Management Support, Vulnerability Management and Security Architecture.
Big Data, Insights & Analytics
Joining a team with the agility of a startup and the resources of a global corporate, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of - and drive - the Data Revolution. Working with teams focused on Big Data, BI, AI and robotics, you could be working with the location-centric data of over 500 million global consumers. Or you could be supporting teams on the future conception and build of chatbots for our business. Placements here include Big Data Science, Big Data Delivery, Big Data Architecture, Business Intelligence, Technology Shared Services and the Internet of things. Wherever you’re based, you’ll use predictive, prescriptive and cognitive analysis to reveal and create the impossible through insight.
What we’re looking for across all sub-streams
- The ability to analyse problems and offer outside-of-the-box solutions
- Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital
- The ability to adapt to different areas and be ready to apply your skills to something new
- September 2020
The majority of rotations will be based in our Newbury campus with others across London, so you’ll need to be flexible and prepared to travel between both.
Application requirements: 2.2 (or equivalent) in chosen degree (achieved or on track to achieve).
- Generalist Sub-stream - This is open to those with a technical background, but there are also opportunities for those without a technical degree but with a passion for technology.
- Specific Sub-stream – Graduates must have a technology-related degree to be eligible for these sub-streams. This could include degrees in, but not limited to, electrical engineering, computer science, telecommunications, mathematics, data analytics, software development, network engineering, AI/robotics, big data, security or information technology.
You must have the right to work in the UK.