Technology Industrial Placement Programme
As Vodafone transitions from a Telecom to a Technology Company, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team! We are looking for curious, innovative and driven individuals who are ready to dive straight in and become experts in their field. With technology driving 5G, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics, there’s plenty to get involved with.
On our Technology Industrial Placement Programme, we are looking for innovators. Those who embrace new technologies and are continuously learning, and someone who is curious to explore all personal development opportunities they can. Someone who wants to have a real impact on an organisation during their time with them. Vodafone is a place where you can bring your whole self to work as you kick-start your career.
What’s in it for you;
- The opportunity to work to deliver world-leading technology to empower both Enterprise and Consumer customers around the world to build our digital future
- Having business exposure and accountability from day one
- Being part of a large community of placement students
- The opportunity to be fast tracked onto one of our graduate programmes
- Investment in your personal development with forward thinking digital learning opportunities
- Real exposure to technology and the ability to immerse yourself in the challenging technical projects
- Learning from industry experts that facilitate a focused professional development to enable you to take your career forwards;
- Flexible working and fast paced environment;
- A focus on innovation and doing things differently.
Our Technology programme has three sub streams, and you have the opportunity to influence the area you work in by selecting preferences during the application process. We will do our best to match you to the most appropriate role to your skills, capabilities and career aspirations. Choose what is right for you.
- Software Engineering
Vodafone sees Software Engineering as the art and discipline of delivering great quality software into services that delight our customers. As we move more towards becoming a software company right across our network and end-to-end services, software engineering is becoming a critical skill in driving us forwards, whether we are buying in quality solutions, building our own unique customer experiences or inventing the future of communications.
You could be undertaking a related placement and learning skills in various teams such as Digital consumer products, Internet of Things, Cloud and Automation. Learning will be focused on disciplines such as cloud solutions, networks, Digital customer experiences as well as DevOps, CI/CD toolchains, new software lifecycles and agile methodologies.
- Network Engineering
Helping us deliver our world leading global network within teams at the cutting edge of network health, adapting & evolving to changes with new technologies, and providing our global customers the very best digital experience. You could be helping to lead the engineering and delivery of voice & data services, coming up with new network solutions and commercial products like TV, or helping constantly monitor the entire network, from mobile to fixed, TV, and even the thousands of miles of deep sea cable to detect any issues. The next few years at Vodafone are predicted to be even more thrilling than ever before, as networks become virtualized, predictive, self-adapting, and ever more intelligent. So If you’re blown away by the technology keeping networks connected across different countries 24/7 that enable people and business to change the world… then the network engineering stream is for you!
You could be undertaking a placement in various teams including, but not limited to network operations (fixed, mobile & TV), radio & transmission, technology strategy and architecture, I.T operations, cloud & virtualisation while obtaining core learning in the area of network engineering.
- Big Data, Insights & Analytics
With the agility of a start-up and the resources of a global corporate, you will have the opportunity to be part of and drive the amazing data revolution. Working across various teams focused on Big Data, BI, AI & Robotics, to name a few, using predictive, prescriptive and cognitive analysis to reveal and create the impossible through insight and design. Whether its utilising the location-centric data of over 500 million global consumers to develop useful and profitable insights for Vodafone, supporting teams on the future conception and build of chatbots for our business or helping run our Big Data Delivery Platform, you will help grow Vodafone and shape our analytics future.
You could undertake a placement in various teams including, but not limited to, big data science, big data delivery, business intelligence, technology shared services AI & robotics and the Internet of things.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, the ability to analyse problems and offer outside of the box solutions;
- Able to adapt to different areas and ready to apply your skills to something new;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Embodying our SPIRIT behaviours;
- Demonstrate creativity and adaptability;
- Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital;
- Proficient in English.
Whatever your talents, passion or degree, you’ll have the freedom to explore different rotations and be exposed to various experiences that will help you discover what is right for you.
Knowing your path isn’t key, but knowing you want to learn and make a difference is. At Vodafone, we stay a work in progress. It’s how we keep rising. We ask the difficult questions and search deep for new ways forward. That’s why we need the most fearless grads who aren’t scared to change what we do and break boundaries.
Put your spirit into practice, and Act Up.