Credit Risk Placement Milton Keynes 2024
The Risk Management function provides a central service to the whole Volkswagen Bank UK branch (VWB UK) organisation. It forms a key part in developing a positive approach to risk management within the Company’s business strategy ensuring consistent standards are adopted.
What you could be doing
- You will be responsible for the production of all daily credit risk reporting for our corporate customers and other monthly and quarterly reports
- You will work with the VWB UK Risk Analysts to produce provision analysis to support the risk and finance departments
- You will analyse and investigate changes and movements in reported financial figures
- Support Production, monitoring and analysis of Key Performance Indicators (monthly) and Executive Summary reporting
- You will ensure that a number of relevant procedures are kept up to date and compliant with headquarter & regulatory requirements
- You will have ownership for a number of data reconciliations between several systems used by VWB UK, ensuring where required working with the wider VWB UK business to ensure that data quality fixes are implemented
- Assist the Head of Risk as well as the wider business on a number of key bank projects & initiatives
- Provide support to the Risk Operations & Process Manager on essential Operational Risk, Business Continuity Management & Strategic Crisis Management tasks
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- You will be studying towards an Economics or Business related degree
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Active to explore and implement possible process improvements
- Have a very strong statistical and data manipulation capability
- Flexible and enthusiastic attitude to take on new responsibilities and help the bank team
- Methodical and disciplined approach to work
- Ability to organise own workload to meet strict deadline
- Motivated by new challenges and a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Dynamic and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to present analysis in a comprehensible and authoritative manner
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.