Credit Risk Placements (VWSF) Milton Keynes 2024
Our Risk Management department works with the data the business produces to identify and monitor credit risk across all VWFS portfolios, creating and delivering reports for management to explain the story behind the numbers. Our team has responsibility for credit risk management and are a key part in ensuring the financial success of Volkswagen Financial Services UK (VWFS).
We require an analytical mind and are looking for people who like solving problems and are interested in investigating how our portfolio is changing over time. You will be given your own work with real responsibilities and lots of training on reporting systems and programs.
We have two opportunities available. If you have an analytical mind and want to have real responsibilities then they could be the perfect placement for you.
Risk Management Undergraduate (VWFS)
You will produce daily, monthly, and quarterly reports for our corporate customers on the VWFS portfolio. You will also be responsible for the production, monitoring, and analysis of Key Performance Indicators and add commentary relating to the risk status of the portfolio.
You will complete data reconciliation between two provision models with different accounting methods and you will be required to prepare numerous ad hoc reporting and analysis to support the Risk Management function and the Credit and Asset Risk Director. We will you on in house reporting systems, as well as more commonly used software such as Excel and Tableau.
Credit Risk Undergraduate (VWFS)
You will be responsible for developing strategies, which protect VWFS (UK) against credit losses resulting from customer non-payment. This includes the lending strategy for new credit applications as well as strategies for ongoing customer management and risk assessment, through to collections and debt recovery.
You will support with the implementation and testing of VWFS’ credit risk strategies, as well as to monitor the effectiveness of these strategies through the production of regular analysis and reporting.
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- You will be studying towards a degree, preferably Economics or Business related
- Good knowledge of Excel and willingness to learn other data reporting programmes
- Have excellent organisation skills with the ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- You have a focus for detail and accuracy
- You use your own initiative to answer questions and solve issues
- Able to research and pull information together to support projects and other initiatives
- You will be able to communicate clearly with the business both verbally and in writing
- You are able to analyse, interpret data and communicate your findings
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.