LAUNCH Business Operations Graduate Programme 2021
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
We create environments for you to thrive. The growing diversity of data creates an exponential amount of new possibilities – for the world, our company and you. You’ll be part of a team driving the innovations necessary to outpace new demands and challenges everywhere data lives, from sensors to mobile devices to the cloud. We’ve only started to scratch the surface of what data can do. You can help unlock its full potential.
We are seeking highly motivated students to be a part of our LAUNCH Business Operations Program. These full-time paid roles are designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job and supplemental training and a robust mentorship program. You get to work alongside the brightest minds in the industry to drive the innovation necessary to outpace new demands and challenges created by data.
The Program is an 8-month rotation through different teams within Business Operations. These roles will sit in Leatherhead. After the rotation is over, you will graduate out into your new role.
Rotations are in the following areas, after 1 month of general orientation to learn about the company and Business Operations:
- Distribution Customer Account Management
- OEM Customer Account Management
- Supply Operations
What is the LAUNCH Program? The LAUNCH Program is supplemental to your full-time role. You will be automatically enrolled in the LAUNCH Program and in this program you will take a deeper dive into professional life at Western Digital by getting exposure to different parts of the organization, in addition to the experience you gain from your day-to-day responsibilities. Supplemental LAUNCH Program elements include:
- On the job training and mentorship with industry professionals
- Supplemental professional development trainings
- Executive exposure
- Networking events with other Western Digital employees
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Current student, pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Sales, Social Sciences, or related field and graduating between December 2020 and June 2021
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, market research and marketing program management
- Problem solving skills
- Ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, exhibits confidence in social environments, and has demonstrated ability to work well with others through clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.