Inventory Control Industrial Placement 2021
Students from a variety of degrees ranging from Engineering, Manufacturing or Business are welcome to apply. Students will have a minimum of two years’ experience at University before the placement starts. It is also essential that you should return to your course for a minimum of one year following completion of the placement. We are unable to accept applications from students in their final year of their university studies.
In addition to the above, candidates should have an interest in continuous improvement and experience of data analysis and business systems would be beneficial, but not required. We also heavily encourage applications to let us know any work experience or examples of developing knowledge or learning beyond academic courses. We strive to develop well rounded people with a passion for improvement of both the business and themselves.
What we are looking for
- Highly motivated students who are passionate about learning from our industry experts.
- Passion for manufacturing, innovation and technology.
- Candidates who are interested in the delivery of the car program and how we transfer designs into reality both efficiently and as designed.
- Someone who is ready for the challenge! With our placements, you are an involved member of the team from day one. Your work counts, you have an impact on our success.
What to expect
- Training on all aspects of the Inventory Control function at Williams.
- Be integral to the drive in increasing and maintaining stock accuracy.
- Support development of improvements in Inventory Control.
- Analysing data and management of dashboards.
- Support the creation and maintenance of process documentation and SOPs.
Student Placement Application Process
When applying for student placements opportunities, all students are expected to submit a covering letter along with a Curriculum Vitae containing the following information:
- Your current career aims and how you plan to achieve them
- Subjects that you are currently taking and plan to take
- Relevant leisure pursuits and activities
- Why work experience with the Company would be beneficial to you
- Demonstrate that you are the best person to be selected
Williams is the world’s most famous formula one team, who thrives for engineering excellence. Located in rural Grove in Oxfordshire Williams is an exciting environment with driven, determined and ambitious people. At Williams you will be supported in your role by industry experts and work with the most up to date technologies. Your work will count and have an impact on the car and the future success of Williams.
Students that are shortlisted will be invited to attend a virtual assessment day. The virtual assessment days are scheduled to take place at the end of May beginning of June with a start date of September. We will obtain academic references as part of the selection process.
Applications for the student placement programmes should be uploaded through our website by visiting www.williamsf1.com. Your application will be acknowledged and we will update you with your progress via email during the process. We will not accept applications which are not submitted through our website, any paper-based applications will be returned to the sender with a copy of our policy.
Note: Due to the short-term nature of both work experience placements and student placements we are unable to accept applications from candidates who do not have entitlement to live or work in the United Kingdom.
Please note that we cannot give applicants individual feedback unless they have attended the assessment day at Williams.