Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses.
Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry; governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism.
Designed for university students one year from graduation, the Willis Re Summer Internship Program is an 8 week learning experience that provides undergraduates the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working in the reinsurance industry whilst contributing to our business.
The program is comprised of orientation, goal setting, training modules, team presentations, a business speaker series and a formal mid and end of internship performance review.
High-performing interns will be considered for the full-time Willis Re Foundational Development Programme post graduation.
This Internship will provide valuable, real-world experience in an actuarial role. It will enable you to apply your education in an environment that is both intellectually challenging and rewarding. At the end of your time with us, you will have a greater understanding of what we do and how closely our career opportunities match your ambitions.
You will be treated in the same way as our new graduates, receiving the same quality and quantity of work. It is the perfect opportunity to understand what you could expect if you joined our business and Reinsurance Development Programme full time the following year.
Is this position right for you?
Successful candidates will have strong analytical and numeracy skills, and also a talent for communication, negotiation and all-round commercial awareness.
- Predicted 2:1 degree
- A-Level Maths/Economics grade A/B or equivalent qualification is required
You will also need:
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Strong analytical and numerical skills – must be able to quickly grasp complex issues
- High degree of self-discipline, commitment and modesty combined with an ability to manage own expectations.
- Desire to take on early responsibility
- Ability to engage with and build strong internal and external business relationships at all levels
- Ability to use data and information to build and support a persuasive argument
- Good IT skills in Word and PowerPoint, with a high degree of competence in MS Excel
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change
- An awareness of the sales and negotiation process
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to convey complex information clearly
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Be a team player
- Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online Application, including CV and Covering Letter
Stage 2: Online Testing
Stage 3: Video Interview
Stage 4: 1 Day Assessment Centre
Stage 5: Offer and On-boarding
Start date for the Willis Re UK Intern Programme will be the end of June 2019. You will be notified on your progress throughout the process.
***Application Closing Date: January, 2019***
Note however that Willis Re runs its graduate application process and recruitment on a rolling basis, so we encourage candidates to apply early.