In Insurance Consulting we advise and provide solutions to insurance companies on the quantification and management of risk, and on wider operational capabilities, to provide competitive advantage in a rapidly-changing world. Our client base includes more than three-quarters of the world's leading insurers across both life and property/casualty insurance.
Select a location to apply to below
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Opening Date: September 2019
Closing Date: January 2020
A role in Insurance Consulting is stimulating, challenging, exciting and extremely rewarding.
We require associates who are technically and mathematically minded, with the ability to solve intricate problems using innovative and proportionate approaches.
As consultants, it is not enough to have the technical skillset. The ability to communicate complex concepts to audiences from a variety of backgrounds is fundamental. We deal with actuaries, accountants, senior executives and other Board members. Each audience has different needs and knowledge and so we need to tailor our communications to suit.
We are looking for candidates that are excellent in their field and can apply their skillsets to work with clients to support them in their strategy and objectives.
What Will I Be Doing Day to Day?
As a project based business, no two days are the same. Our graduates will start to experience this straight away, and see this continue as their careers develop.
Graduates will tend to be involved in 2-3 client projects at any one time. You will be involved in regular project meetings which will help you to understand the overall project and where your work fits in as well as providing a space for you to report your progress and raise issues. Being able to communicate your technical work to others who may not be familiar or involved is the key foundation for every actuarial consultant.
Depending on the project and client you may also get involved in communicating with peers at the client’s office, working directly alongside clients or attending meetings/calls.
Our graduates experience training during the first few months of joining Willis Towers Watson, which supplements a steep curve of on-the-job learning.
Career Path and Study Support
The learning curve in the first few years is challenging as you gain understanding of the market, the clients, the products, our business offering, develop consulting skills and of course actuarial techniques and knowledge.
As you progress, you will get more deeply involved in supporting research and product development. We pride ourselves in always being ahead of the game in our market – we need to know the next client issue or driver of change before it happens.
You may also be responsible for selling business and managing projects to deliver the best solutions for our clients’ problems, on budget, on time and to the highest quality.
On successful completion of the exams, graduates become a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. Willis Towers Watson offers a complete and flexible study support package that includes:
- Membership fees of the Actuarial profession
- Providing study materials for each exam such as course notes, sample questions, past paper questions, mock exams and revision notes
- Paying for tutorials for each exam
- Cost of sitting each exam and a re-sit attempt if required study leave – roughly one day per week
- A large body of students working through the same exams, as well as qualified actuaries willing to lend their support
Graduates receive salary increases for each exam passed in addition to increases that may be awarded as part of your annual salary review.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a numerate discipline OR
- 2:1 degree including A-Level Maths grade A/B or equivalent qualifications
- End of August / early September 2020
The Application Process
- Stage 1: Online application, including CV
- Stage 2: Online testing
- Stage 3: Video interview - in partnership with the Bright Network, we have created an academy module on ‘How to Ace your Video Interview’. Click here to sign up and watch it!
- Stage 4: Assessment centre
- Stage 5: Offer and on-boarding.