Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses.
Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism.
As part of a fast-evolving, $365 billion global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals.
In addition, our two year foundational development program, which you will join from day one, is unique in the industry and offered to all our graduates. This includes a multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance modules delivered by our global subject matter experts through to a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client facing skills.
Sponsored by the Willis Re leadership team, our programme also provides access to senior mentors and a “buddy network” to support your wider career development, with ample networking and experience-building opportunities.
This foundational programme is part of Willis Re’s world class Learning Academy, which supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
Willis Re also fully sponsors professional qualifications including the CII and CFA Level 1.
Willis Re brings together advanced analytics, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation on how risk portfolios impact performance, and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results for our clients.
Our broking support colleagues need to be dynamic and proactive individuals providing support to Producers and brokers in servicing clients.
Willis Re is also an inclusive and diverse business, so you can expect to work in and learn from culturally diverse, multi-location teams on a regular basis, working on varying projects and client accounts.
As a Graduate Broker Support, you will therefore be immersed in all aspects of client work, business development and internal service delivery for a varied and international client base from early in your career, including:
- Compile templates to send to global offices to provide information and check the information received back is accurate
- Review market security information on carriers, checking compliance and financial positions
- Create / Update marketing sheets for Broking Team
- Produce data, statistics, and information packs in support of the placement of a client’s reinsurance programme
- Liaise with Compliance / Sanctions Team on sanctions checks where touch points exist
- Effectively communicate with various stakeholders, both internal and external
- Work closely with Sales Team to ensure effective delivery of client service to clients
- Support creation of slips / endorsements
- Checking files to ensure all information is present and accurate
- Ensure contract records are accurately maintained within transactional broking system
- Generate and issue evidence of cover, debit notes and closing instructions
- Review and interrogate reinsurance contracts to facilitate billing within agreed timescales
- Regular contact with colleagues on technical support/contracts
- Manage and resolve queries from clients and reinsurers
- Ensure compliance with Willis policies and WEM throughout the placement process
- Produce contractual documentation to a high level and within timescales
- Maintain files in an orderly manner electronically, ensuring these are within WEM guidelines
Is this position right for you?
Successful candidates will have strong communication and presentation skills, and also a talent for all-round commercial awareness.
Minimum 2:1 degree and A-Level Maths/Economics grade A/B or equivalent qualification.
You will also need:
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Ability to build strong internal and external business relationships at all levels
- Ability to engage with accounting colleagues and to demonstrate a level of comfort in discussions on your designated accounts both internally and with clients
- Ability to use data and information to build and support the broking proposal
- Good IT skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to convey complex information clearly
- Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
- An awareness of the sales and negotiation process
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines with a flexible approach to work and ability to adapt to change
- An eye for detail
- Desire to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Be a team player
The Bigger Picture
Willis Re works with academia through The Willis Research Network and bodies such as the UN and World Bank, as well as a range of NGO’s and Government Aid Bodies, helping connect the world of private capital to manage wider societal and environmental risks.
The global financial markets have also now developed the concept of insurance risk as an investable asset class: insurance-linked securities. This has opened up a huge quantity of new financial capacity to accept and absorb risk, with capacity provided by the traditional reinsurance industry augmented with the new capital from global financial markets.
Insurtech is another avenue for growth and development within the industry.
Willis Re sits at this exciting cross road of innovation, acting as a fulcrum to coordinate and develop all of these activities.
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online Application, including CV and Covering Letter
Stage 2: Online Testing
Stage 3: Video Interview
Stage 4: 1 Day Assessment Centre
Stage 5: Offer and On-boarding
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be the beginning of September, 2019. You will be notified on your progress throughout the process
***Application Closing Date: 1st March, 2019***
Note however that Willis Re runs its graduate application process and recruitment on a rolling basis, so we encourage candidates to apply early