The Business – Global Services and Solutions (GSS)
Operating in the global market place means multinational companies face a variety of different business, cultural, language and regulatory environments. Our International business helps these companies navigate the challenges of multi country complexity based on context knowledge of trends and innovative multi-client solutions. In particular, we help multinational companies develop global/cross-border solutions that meet the needs of both local and headquarter management in the design, establishment, financing, operation, oversight and monitoring of their compensation and benefit programs around the world. In doing so, we work closely with our local offices in other geographies, as well as subject matter experts in other segments.
Within GSS, WTW has a global team of Merger & Acquisition (M&A) practitioners. Our M&A team consists of consultants with various backgrounds and experiences to best serve our clients. They not only respond to market demand, but create new demand in the market through their thought leadership and industry experience.
The Role – M&A Intern London
As an M&A Team Summer Intern based in London (Lime Street Office) you will work as part of our M&A team to provide consulting advice and services to multinational companies during corporate transactions (this could be a merger, acquisition, divestiture, Joint Venture or other reorganisation). You will serve as a resource for associates and consultants in charge of engagements and perform many intricate aspects of their client work. You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and present results. You will join the global team calls and local working groups to help you build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise.
Your main responsibilities could be (but not limited to):
- Supporting the M&A practice in the development of marketing and sales materials including restructuring of new internal website and data repositories
- Developing proposals for M&A engagements
- Updating the M&A Intellectual Capital materials
- Supporting M&A client assignments in a project analyst role.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Together, we unlock potential.
Our M&A services can be found on our website here:
- You need the ability to work 35 hours/week. Ability to work overtime if necessary.
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree with significant quantitative course work, and a strong academic record
- Well organised and detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriately
- Ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues; strong client service orientation
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to work both independently and on client teams and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Sense of accountability; owning one’s work and taking pride in it
- Self-starter; interest in continually challenging oneself and willingness to step outside of one’s comfort zone
- Interest and ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how one’s work fits into the broader landscape
- Strong analytical and integrative skills including ability to draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical, systematic way
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Access and Excel
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.