Graduate Actuarial Analyst - Reinsurance, London (Spring Start)
Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses. Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism. We bring together advanced analytics, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation to client on how their risk portfolios impact performance and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results.
As part of a fast-evolving, global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals.
Sponsored by the Willis Re Executive team, our two-year foundational learning program – the REinsurnace ACHievment Program (REACH) – will provide everything you need to know about the reinsurance industry and for career success. This program is unique in the reinsurance industry and is set up to compete with the best training programs available across the financial services.
- Both in-person and virtual learning modules led by expert facilitators and subject matter experts
- A multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance models as well as a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client-facing skills training
- Sponsorship by the Willis Re executive team, and support from a wide network of mentors and peer buddies to support your networking and career development
- Opportunities to travel to meet and learn with your class group in major metro locations like our office in the City of London
- Full sponsorship and support to achieve professional qualifications like the CII and Actuarial
- This foundational programme is part of Willis Re’s world class Learning Academy, which supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
About this Role
As a Graduate Actuarial Analyst you will be immersed in all aspects of front line actuarial work for our insurance clients from early in your career, including:
- Analysis for client pitches and meetings and participation in client meetings
- Assisting in building reinsurance pricing models and actuarial benchmarks
- Data collection and manipulation in spreadsheets and other database applications
- Developing expertise in using Willis Towers Watson proprietary Financial Modelling and Reinsurance Optimisation software
- You will also have the opportunity for:
- Domestic or global travel, as required
- Increasing opportunities for client interaction and responsibility as your experience and capabilities evolve
- Participation in the REACH learning program & support for industry qualifications
- Willis Re also supports CFA Level I once industry qualifications are achieved
Are you the right fit for Willis Re?
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, which is why we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment enriched by our people, our clients and the communities in which we work. We create a culture of engagement and respect by demonstrating inclusive behaviours throughout our inclusion networks. We encourage and welcome applications from any degree discipline/ major and all universities/colleges.
If you have an appetite to learn and succeed, an ability to build technical knowledge, with a passion for building and maintaining relationships… start your career at Willis Re!
Minimum 2:1 degree and 128 UCAS points (2017 UK tariff) including A-Level Maths/Economics grade A/B or equivalent qualification.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Enthusiasm and interest to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Some actuarial exams are a positive
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels of the business
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Desire and drive to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Willing and able to act as a team player
The Application Process
- Stage 1: Online Application, including CV and Covering Letter
- Stage 2: Online Testing
- Stage 3: Video Interview
- Stage 4: Virtual Interview
- Stage 5: Offer and On-boarding
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be open for 2021
You will be notified on your progress throughout the process
Willis Re runs its graduate application process and recruitment on a rolling basis, so we encourage candidates to apply early.