Graduate Subsea/Pipelines Engineer
Wood’s Subsea and Export systems service line is recruiting for a Graduate Subsea/Pipelines Engineer to join our graduate programme based in Staines from Summer 2021.
We are looking for dynamic, versatile individuals with a desire to support fast moving varied projects in both Oil & Gas and Renewables Industries, with a continuous focus on delivery and client satisfaction. Supporting global energy transition through decarbonisation and green energies is a key part of our plans and expected to see significant growth.
Wood is committed to the implementation of the latest digital technologies to the subsea environment and is looking for the next generation of engineers with both the skills and imagination to realise this ambition.
Our graduate engineers will assist senior engineers, under the guidance of the Business Manager, in developing and/or delivering work scopes as allocated by the project/s.
The work scopes, and other Wood training, shall support the development of the graduate engineer and allow them to apply advanced subsea and pipeline engineering and management techniques in range of projects. Graduates will be required to:
- Perform design and analysis
- Assist with in-house development of tools & programs
- Be involved in project planning, expediting and execution
- Understand and become familiar with report writing standards
- Participate in internal workshops and training lectures
- Become familiar with Wood’s systems and software
Key Elements of the Graduate Programme
- Access to a wealth of technical and personal development resources and opportunities
- Support throughout your career; you will be assigned a buddy, mentor (Chartered Engineer) and departmental manager to ensure your professional development is achieved in order to gain chartered engineer status
- Where available, opportunities for placements, site visits in the UK and overseas and rotations into other relevant disciplines to enhance your knowledge and experience in order to become a well-rounded Engineer
- Competitive salary
- Access to a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Generous holiday allowance plus extra days purchase option
- Travel and private medical insurance
- Pension and life assurance
- Shares option
Early Careers Network
You will have access to the Early Careers Network that brings together young professionals and offers continuing professional development opportunities.
Early Careers Network activities include
- Networking opportunities
- Organised social events
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Technical and soft skills training
- Participation in STEM events
- Access to Wood’s Global Developing Professionals Network
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate engineer with a minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or a Master’s degree in Oil & Gas Process, Pipelines, Subsea Engineering or other disciplines relating to upstream oil and gas or offshore renewables industries from a recognised university
- Preference will be given to graduates with previous experience in the UK upstream oil and gas and/or renewables industry, gained before, during or after their university courses
- Engineers who have undergone undergraduate internship in the area of subsea/pipeline/renewables engineering will have added advantage
- Demonstrate initiative, tenacity and excellent communication skills
- Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to match business requirements
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
- Must have the right to work in the UK