Graduate Transport Planners 2021
Wood is recruiting for 2 Graduate Transport Planners to join our established teams based in either our London, Birmingham, Leamington Spa or Shrewsbury offices.
As a Graduate, you will be working with and supporting a wide range of project managers and clients within the transport team as part of our Built Environment business. Key clients include local and central government, transport operators, The World Bank, Homes England, National Grid and private developers.
- Preparation of transport planning reports including feasibility studies, transport assessments, travel plans, preparation of transport chapters for environmental statements
- Using industry tools to model the impacts of transport schemes
- Providing analytical support to the Transport Planning team
- Development of technical documentation including client reports, technical notes, proposals, and presentation materials
- Attendance at client meetings and delivering presentations
- Support business development activities of the wider business
- Delivery of projects on time and budget
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography, or a related discipline
- You will either be a recent graduate or someone with experience in transport planning or a related discipline.
- You should be able to demonstrate an ability to work to deadlines, undertake effective report writing, data management and research and a flexible attitude to work as part of a team.
- Numeracy and analytical approach; and
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite especially Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- CAD use and applications
- GIS use and applications
- Statistical Analysis