WPP Junior Data Analyst 2021
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 100,000 talented people in 112 countries. Our company creates transformative ideas and outcomes for its clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce and technology. WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world's biggest companies and organisations - from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Google, HSBC and the UN. Our clients include 69 of the FTSE 100, 348 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30 and 70 of the NASDAQ 100.
WPP has headquarters in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major markets worldwide. The company is quoted on the London Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange.
Visit our LinkedIn page to see what we're up to!
Why we're hiring
We are looking for a Junior Data Analyst to support in the continued development of WPP's client operations analytics team, using business intelligence tools and visualisations to share with WPP HQ and the wider WPP network.
Reporting into the Client Data Project Manager, this role will work in several capacities including analysing data, creating technical solutions, assessing business issues, rolling out a software solution and building internal client relationships. In this role you will help to bring insights directly to the business, enabling you to make informed data driven decisions on a daily basis.
What you'll be doing
- Support our ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) process for all current & future data feeds
- Work with all existing agencies data feeds to identify & resolve any validation concerns
- Create and/or manage WPP's master data tables
- Assist with new agency/country implementation programmes
- Filter and "clean" data by reviewing validation reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code & data process problems
- Provide ad hoc analysis to key client stakeholders
What you'll need
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Experience in ETL tools like Informatica, Alteryx, KNIME etc
- Experience in handling different file formats like txt, csv etc
- Competence in MS Office - including Project, Access and intermediate Excel
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn new tools
Who you are
You're open : We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are open-minded: to new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic : We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with confidence: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we deliver extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you
Passionate, driven people - We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity - We offer the opportunity to create, influence and deliver projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work - Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?