Junior/Assistant Topographical Surveyor
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
A Junior/Assistant Topographical Surveyor is required for our Guildford Survey team. The role represents a great opportunity for a Junior/Assistant Topographical Surveyor working primarily in the Highways Infrastructure and Water sectors, but also on Rail, greenfield or brownfield sites.
A typical week would include
As a key member of our busy Survey team, you'll be assisting the management team with respect to the following
- Working within a team of Topographical Surveyors based UK wide, working alongside the Buried Services Surveying, UAV and MBS teams.
- Assisting seniors to carry out land and engineering surveys with respect to briefs and specifications
- Processing of survey data, ensuring that the prevailing standards of WSP are adhered to
We'd love to hear from you if you have
- A relevant technical degree/HND in surveying or a related discipline, with experience in a similar role, Typically 2-5 years. However, candidates with suitable skills and proven experience will be considered.
- Membership of a professional body would be advantageous·
- Experience in the use of total stations, GNSS & terrestrial laser scanners·
- Experience in the planning and piloting of UAV’s Surveys would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience in carrying out Buried Services Surveys would be advantageous but not essential·
- Experience in the use of relevant software including N4ce (or similar), Trimble Business Centre (or similar) and AutoCAD·
- Knowledge of Cyclone, Cloudworx or MX would be advantageous but not essential ·
- Good problem solving, self-management and people skills·
- An understanding of project and commercial considerations·
- Ability to work effectively alone or as part of a team·
- The applicant shall have a full UK driving licence as the role will require travel around the country
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. VIBE (our LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group) and our Gender Balance Group work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender confirmation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.