Graduate Pension Consultant London 2023
XPS Pensions Group is experiencing high growth and we are now recruiting for a number of Graduate Pension Consultants to join our Trustee Governance Services (‘TGS’) team working from one of our vibrant offices in Reading, London, Leeds or Bristol.
As a key member of our TGS team, you will work with others to help our clients manage the complex issues which impact their pension scheme in a pragmatic and understandable way. You will maintain and develop relationships with Clients to promote XPS services and ensure the smooth running of designated pension schemes.
We provide a positive working environment with an emphasis on training and development with relationships at the very heart of our business. You can expect an exciting and fulfilling career in a growing business and an industry that provides a consistent challenge.
Your ambition is our ambition and with XPS, you know you are joining a winning team, recognised recently as we won a clean sweep at the Prestigious Professional Pensions UK Pensions Awards 2022 winning the Investment Consultancy of the Year award, Third Party Administrator of the Year and Actuarial/Pensions Consultancy of the Year.
We believe in doing the right thing and in 2021, XPS became carbon neutral across our entire value chain. We have a strong focus on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors and sustainability, and build this ethos into all our manager research and subsequently our client solutions.
What you'll do
We want to help you reach your potential and be the best that you can be. By joining XPS you will be involved in a wide variety of work. If you choose, we will support you through the APMI exams and you’ll be supported by on-the-job training, resulting in you developing your knowledge and abilities quickly. We know that it’s a real challenge completing professional qualifications whilst progressing in a new job, so we’ll help you every step of the way - we’ll equip you with study materials and time to study.
As a Graduate Pension Consultant in the TGS team at XPS, no day will ever be the same, but you will:
- Promote and adhere to the XPS values.
- Work as part of a team to assist clients solve their challenges and best meet their objectives. This includes but is not limited to:
- Adherence to new legislation and regulations
- Member or employee communications (e.g. retirement support, annual newsletters).
- Scheme buyout and wind up projects.
- Provider assessments / oversight
- Provide general support to the wider consulting team.
- Assist senior colleagues prepare for, attend, and follow up from client meetings.
- Collate and publish meeting papers for client meetings.
- Draft minutes from client meetings within agreed timescales and ensure that action points are communicated to relevant parties and followed up.
- Attend and participate at internal technical training sessions.
- Assist with scheme governance matters such as monitoring statutory deadlines, setting up and maintaining scheme business plans, maintaining scheme document libraries.
- Work and liaise with internal departments at XPS and external advisors.
- Undertake, with assistance of senior colleagues, all or some of the following; drafting for pension scheme annual reports, member newsletters, and other specific member communications.
- Undertake, with assistance of senior colleagues, management of key client projects.
- Work as part of a team, initially to assist client team leaders but progressing to reviewing the work of others and communicating directly with clients at the appropriate time for you.
- Study for PMI exams.
To thrive in this role, we would expect the most suitable candidate to be a graduate with GCSE (Grade 5+) Maths (or equivalent):
- A keen interest the wider pensions industry and financial landscape
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to learn
- An understanding of the value of good customer service
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed
- Enjoy thinking independently and able to make decisions
- Analytical mind-set, with a high level of numeracy
- Ability to problem solve and come up with solutions
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills, written, oral and in presentation form
- Desire and ability to build great relationships with colleagues and clients
- Adaptable and a team-player
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office
- Conscientious with an appetite to learn and develop skillsRight to work in the UK without restriction
- Able to demonstrate XPS values
What we offer
We believe in our people, and we will work with you to unlock your potential and support your career whilst giving you the opportunity to work with some of the most dynamic and collaborative people in our industry.
We embrace differences and we will respect your ideas, perspective and style. Our business thrives on our diversity and mix of experience that leads to innovation. When you take a role with XPS you will be joining a community of professionals driven by integrity and delivery and you can be sure that your wellbeing is taken seriously.
We are happy to talk about flexible working and hybrid working and we understand everyone has different needs.
We offer an attractive reward package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in a Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- A set of core benefits including pension plan, life assurance, employee assistance programme, access to a qualified, practicing GP 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- A comprehensive range of voluntary and flexible benefits to suit you and your lifestyle including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, critical illness cover, private medical cover for self and family, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers.
If you feel XPS could be the next step on your career ladder, please apply directly via the links provided and we look forward to learning more about you. We will consider all applicants and respond swiftly.
If you do not feel ready to apply but wish to know more, please contact Paul Gilliver on the recruitment team at XPS
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following requirements:
- Right to Work confirmation
- DBS Disclosure check
- Employment or educational references covering five years
- Satisfactory credit check
XPS Pensions Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages application from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Please note we reserve the right to close our vacancies early and we only accept cvs direct from candidates or our preferred supplier list