Bright Network is a high-growth media-technology platform that works exclusively with 200,000+ of the brightest graduates and undergraduates in the UK and Europe. We’re on a mission to connect our members with exceptional job opportunities, remarkable organisations, and exclusive networking events to help them get noticed in their careers. From Goldman Sachs to Monzo, Slaughter and May to Wellcome Trust, we work with the best firms, big and small, blue chip and entrepreneurial - all united by one thing - the desire to find the very best.
The Events Manager will join the expanding Events Team who are responsible for end-to-end event management of Bright Network’s events portfolio. We introduce our members to exclusive, innovative networking events to help them get ahead in their careers. The Events Manager must have the ability to stay calm under pressure, demonstrate active listening and exhibit organizational skills. This is a demanding and diverse role that includes a mix of project coordination, creative work and administrative tasks. In 2019, the Events Team worked with almost 200 clients and had approximately 5,000 students attend our events. We have big expansion plans for 2020 and would love for you to be a part of it.
Your responsibilities will include:
- End-to-end event management including, but not limited to, preparation and coordination of events, attending on the day and overseeing the smooth running of the day
- Managing a portion of our current portfolio of event clients
- Full ownership of onboarding a portfolio of new clients, vendors and venues
- Building strong working relationships across Bright Network as well as with clients and external vendors
- Being the first point of contact for any student enquiries regarding events
- Creating and managing event applications and surveys
- Maintaining email lists for internal and external communications
- Full ownership of the Events Intern programme, including recruitment of and management of the interns
- Assisting in collating marketing materials as needed
- Overseeing the budget for a portion of the events portfolio
- Maintaining regular event vendor and client contact and being first port of call for issue resolution
- Reviewing and proofing print and digital marketing materials
- Strong negotiation skills when speaking with vendors regarding price and terms of contract
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to understand client needs; therefore, driving positive ROI for clients
- Administrative responsibilities for vendor accounts on our internal CRM system (Salesforce)
- Raising invoices for agreed contracts and connecting our internal finance team with pertinent accounts payable departments
We have ambitious plans to continue to expand our existing events portfolio and this role will be central to ensuring this growth.
The Events Manager has the opportunity to gain considerable experience across each of the core business areas – learning about finance, operations, sales, technology and digital marketing. We would expect a high performing candidate to develop and take on increasing responsibility within this team. As such, we fully expect the Events Manager to play a key role in the team both immediately and in the future.
Requirements of the role
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in end-to-end event management
- Graduated from university (achieved 2:1 minimum)
- Calm individual who can operate under pressure, deadlines, and the demands of a busy office environment
- Ability to learn quickly and take personal initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A team player but also comfortable working autonomously
- Natural ability to network and build professional relationships with clients, students and vendors
- Willingness to work flexibly as required in a small business environment
- Please note that due to the cyclical nature of our events, holiday approval will be limited from August-November and February-March.
- The legal right to work in the UK
- Experience using Salesforce, Formstack, dotmailer, Google Suite
- HTML experience or experience in website management
Benefits & Compensation
- Salary: Competitive
- Career progression and development plan with associated pay increases
- Opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment as part of a small, high performing team led by the Business Founder, in our offices on Middlesex Street
- Great company culture: unlimited holiday, weekly beer o’clock as well as team building events
- Exposure to all areas of the business
Apply here for the Events Manager role.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to give Shekirah a call on 0203 862 5301.