The Islamic Society at York is a good meeting place, for Muslims, as well as for others with an interest in Islam, to meet and get to know each other. It aims to support Muslim students, and to enlighten all about Islam with sincerity.
Our aims and objectives are as follows:
- Provide spiritual, social, academic and welfare support to Muslim students through organising various events and activities
- Reflect and enhance understanding of fundamental teachings of Islam to Muslims and non-Muslims, through discussion and debate.
- Providing important services to Muslim students such as weekly Friday prayer on campus
- To present a positive image of Islam and tackle the common misconceptions of Islam
- Work to engage and maintain a harmonious relationship with other societies and the community
- Work to act in accordance with the Holy Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammed (SAWS)