You’ve checked your emails and there it is: the invite to interview. You confirm your availability and wait…You are in the top 10%.
The long hours spent reading Mace’s website have paid off. You know our values inside out, you can name every one of our current projects and you know our clients, you have read the employer reviews… You feel like you have been working here for years and it’s a place you want to stay. However, there is only so much you can learn about someone through a written application.
Mace want people with character, people who want to improve the industry, those who don’t settle for mediocre and will always want to push themselves to achieve their full potential… Now the question is, how do you show that?
Mace hold hundreds of interviews each year for all of their programmes and around 50% of our applicants make it through to assessment centre (or an offer for Summer Placements). That may seem like good odds, but competition is high and we want to ensure we recruit the best possible person for the job.
Our top tips to make it to the assessment centre
- Always be on time – It seems simple but make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes early, check the train times and plan for any potential delays.
- Be aware of your behaviour outside of the interview
- Be prepared and practice your answers - think of good examples
- Body language forms 70% of communication
- Never assume the interviewer has read your CV
- Take your time and don’t rush
- Have at least two questions prepared for the end of the interview
- Be prepared to be asked the generic questions
Ready to kickstart your career with Mace? Discover their live roles and apply here.