39 Essex Chambers is a leading set based in London, Manchester, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. Our members offer a depth of expertise in a range of specialist sectors and practice areas.
We can draw together teams of barristers who range from experienced silks to the more recently qualified barristers, to offer a comprehensive and cost-effective service, combining strong analytical, advisory and advocacy skills with pragmatism and approachability.
Who we act for
- public and private companies
- government departments and agencies
- insurance companies
- professional indemnity insurers
- local authorities
- trade unions
- educational bodies
- health authorities and trusts
- individual litigants
Our barristers also undertake pro bono work and act for public interest organisations.
We accept instructions through direct professional access from recognised organisations and overseas lawyers. We have developed an excellent relationship with many firms of solicitors.
In all of our work we aim to:
- provide an excellent, efficient service to all our clients
- give sound practical advice and explain legal issues in clear terms
- be approachable and work as a team with our clients and their other professional advisers