Having trouble facing the problem of 'I have no idea what to do'?
With all of Bright Network’s resources and graduate careers advice at your disposal, one thing is guaranteed - whatever your skills, interests and values, you’ll find a career path out there that’s right for you. Take a look at the key areas to focus on below.
Recognising your passions and skills
It can be difficult to know what you want and how you’re going to get there. Setting yourself on a path to a career that fulfils your life goals, starts with some self-reflection, research and planning. So, we’ve pulled together our best advice for finding your goals and developing your skills.
- Why it's okay to have no idea what to do
- What are you really good at? How to recognise & develop your skills
- How to decide what job you’ll love
Boosting your employability
Everyone wants to stand out. Whether you’re preparing your CV before you graduate, or you’re changing career path and want to increase your chances of impressing a recruiter, you’re in the right place. Here’s some key tips on boosting your employability and kick-starting your career.
- 10 things to help you kick-start your career
- How to boost your employability
- When to start thinking about your career
- Work experience while at university
- 10 things you need to know to get a job
What can you do with your degree?
Whether you’re working towards a degree in biology, philosophy, music, history and business, or you’ve just graduated and want to know where your degree can take you, we’ve rounded up some career advice:
- What can you do with your degree?
- Six firms that don't mind what you studied
- Thinking about further study?
Internships and preparation
Evidence shows that to get ahead in the competitive graduate careers market, having some early work experience or a couple of internships under your belt will dramatically increase your chances of success. Learn about internship opportunities and what to do if you can’t secure an internship:
- Why it’s never too early to be an intern
- What to do if you can’t get an internship
- Internship and work experience opportunities for first years
- Preparation: The key to success
Unsure what you want to do as a career? You're definitely not alone. This Bright Network Academy module on how to work out what you want to do will give you practical steps to discover your interests and narrow down the careers that are right for you.