Nationwide Building Society
What makes us different
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose:
Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match.
How we're helping to build a better society
- We’re guided by a social purpose and aim to make our communities better places to live.
- We give 1% of our profits before tax to charities tackling the housing crisis.
- Our Community Grants programme gives millions each year to charities and local community projects.
- Our 20-year partnership with Shelter has already helped more than 100,000 people in housing need.
- Since April 2020, our operations have been carbon neutral.