EIA Graduate Environmental Consultant 2021
At Arup, we deliver ground-breaking designs through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup's innovative approach to environmental consulting enables clients to achieve their sustainable business and corporate responsibility aspiration.
Our consultants offer a multidisciplinary service aimed at developing policy, optioneering, assessing impacts, creative design and implementation, supporting stakeholder engagement, gaining regulatory approvals, managing risk and controlling cost.
Develop your career on world class environmental projects such as High Speed 2, Smart Motorways, and the Eurasia Tunnel Project in Turkey. Find out more about what our EIA team does here.
Are you interested in a career as an Environmental Consultant?
Right now we're looking for Graduate Consultants to join our team of bright professionals in our London office. As our consulting team offers a multidisciplinary service, we are looking for Graduates with diverse skills and interests to join our Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) team.
From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your chosen career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification (Chartership) early in your career with us.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high- profile clients. While you'll have a good level of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
You will gain a thorough understanding and experience of the role of an environmental consultant whilst gaining the breadth of experience needed to achieve your professional qualification.
This is a varied role, and your day-to-day responsibilities could include the following:
- Conducting desk studies, including qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
- Assisting in the design and undertaking of surveys and site investigations
- Data analysis of survey results
- Preparation of clear, well structured, logical and concise reports
- Managing delivery and budgets on small scale projects
- Preparation of bids and tenders
- Planning your workload so that you can deliver on time or ahead of target
- You will contribute towards both statutory and non-statutory impact assessments, technical reports, environmental strategies, corporate reporting and prepare documents for submission within the planning
We encourage our Graduate Consultants to demonstrate drive and motivation, a thorough understanding of our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent technical service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, we seek individuals who can work flexibly and respond to the needs of our clients. As such, we are looking for the following general qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Minimum 2.1 Bachelor's degree or higher degree in Environmental Sciences, Ecology, Geography, GIS, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Environmental Studies, Archaeology, Built Heritage or Cultural Heritage Management
- Enthusiasm for a career in Environmental Consulting, underpinned through a knowledge and deep interest in the built and natural environment
- General understanding of and interest in impact assessments in the
- Student or graduate member of IEMA or similar professional body
- Adaptability and versatility to work across and with many environmental, engineering and design disciplines and changing priorities
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative whilst being aware of own limits and knowing when to seek guidance
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and willingly re-priortise activities when needed
- Recognise the importance of client care including internal Arup clients, and your role in contributing towards it
- Understanding of sustainability, carbon and climate change
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, with experience of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) software and Photoshop would also be an advantage
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- The opportunity to work on projects across the UK and potentially internationally
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Interested in finding out more?
Assessment Centres will take place from December 2020, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
‘Please note that we are unable to offer Skilled Worker Visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.'