Business System Analyst FIS Internship 2021
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in payments and financial services technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all, fun!
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS as a Business Systems Analyst in the FIS University Program based in London. This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career with a leading fintech company!
As a full-time FIS University Program participant, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success- including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
The UK program has a start date in September 2021 with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn the unique nature of our industry, products, and the markets in which we work
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organisation
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of peers from across the organisation
Following the FIS University Program Learning week, you will continue your learning journey with your business unit and receive further functional training as you settle into your role.
About The Team
EMEA Infrastructure Services provides FIS with its core compute, database, network, and storage hosting platforms, including our automated provisioning engines. Our global data centres host thousands of virtual and physical servers that enable FIS to provide a highly available quality service to our customers. Our Infrastructure and Operations teams are based in South Asia, Europe, and North America. This is your opportunity to join the fast moving and highly motivated infrastructure team with a focus on providing valued service to our customers, supporting them in their initiatives and delivering quality projects.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be a key member of our EMEA Infrastructure Service Delivery team working with the Infrastructure teams on scoping, defining and delivering infrastructure projects, and providing metrics and reporting to demonstrate progress and success.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate across all teams to track and deliver successful infrastructure projects and initiatives using analytical skills to drive these forward
- Pro-actively contribute to troubleshooting of day to day internal challenges to resolve issues and drive forward a positive outcome
- Managing the end to end delivery of EMEA infrastructure projects, including engagement with other infrastructure teams, multiple stakeholders/TSO’s (Technical Service Owners) and regular status reporting
- Analyse processes and metrics to identify improvement opportunities to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency
- Interpret metrics and reporting to provide insights, communicating these to all levels of stakeholders
- Other related duties assigned as needed
Who We Are Looking For
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills and can look beyond numbers to solve complex problems and identify interesting trends and behaviours
- You are an excellent communicator (written and verbal) and can tailor information into language appropriate for the audience and articulate ideas succinctly
- You are self-motivated and inquisitive, with a willingness to ask questions and learn
- You are a team-player with the ability to meet deadlines
- You have a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn
- You aspire to develop a successful career in data and technology within FinTech!
What We Can Offer You
- An opportunity to work with leading-edge infrastructure technology teams as we support and deliver excellent service to our customers
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits!
- Structured onboarding program with networking opportunities
- Quarterly progression and development reviews during your first two years on the program
- Virtual learning curriculum to support your professional development
- An opportunity to grow your technical skillset
- A supportive work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect