Graduate Civil & Structural Engineer 2024
Kick Start your Career with GHD!
We are looking for exceptional Graduate Engineers to join our 2024 Global Graduate Programme!
Let’s start with our vision: water, energy and urbanisation made sustainable for generations to come.
With more than 11,000 people around the globe GHD is a leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firm. With our vision to make water, energy and urbanisation sustainable for generations to come, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future.
Our people are invested in the future and share a passion for outstanding results. As our group continues to grow, we are looking for talented graduates to join our UK teams to deliver engineering, design, and consultancy solutions to our clients across all sectors.
Graduate Development at GHD
GHD’s Graduate Program is aimed at developing our future leaders and technical specialists.
During the course of our two-year global graduate development programme our Graduate Engineers will work with our Engineering teams developing skills across a wide variety of projects in the Water, Energy, Industrial, Property and Buildings sectors both in the UK and overseas. Your contribution will make a positive lasting benefit to the environment and our communities.
Whilst learning about our business, our values, your team, and most importantly, yourself you will develop your decision-making, communication, technical and leadership skills.
We offer mentoring and a variety of development activities, providing on the job experience and exposure to a diverse range of projects, as well as support towards gaining chartered status within your Engineering field.
About the position
Based in either our Leeds, Guildford, London, Newcastle, Manchester (Cheadle) or Chester office, you will work on a portfolio of different projects and will apply your newly acquired skills in a range of environments. Your role will develop as your knowledge of our business increases, but initially you will:
- Deliver and be accountable for technical assignments, work elements, work packages and project engineering design activities under supervision
- Contribute to the formulation of design concepts and approaches using CAD software packages and 3D modelling tools
- Produce design calculations and drawings and provide input into multi-disciplinary reports and technical proposals
- Provide advisory support to clients, and work alongside senior engineers and consultants to develop engineering deliverables in a variety of formats to meet our clients’ requirements
We are looking for enthusiastic graduates with a flexible approach and an ability to learn in a leading global consultancy.
To join our Engineering team you will have a degree in a relevant engineering discipline, be highly numerate and have excellent communication skills. You will enjoy working in a collaborative environment and have the ability to apply your skills whilst working with a diverse range of clients and projects.
An open and creative mind will be required to work as part of a dynamic team in order to provide innovative engineering solutions for our clients. To deliver against these responsibilities you will demonstrate:
- An honours degree in relevant subject area
- Understanding of the application of Engineering principles and design development
- Previous use of Computer Aided Design and Modelling
- Be a problem solver and collaborative teammate with good communication skills
You will be provided with a rewarding career in developing engineering solutions for a number of sectors including transportation and construction. Our global client base will provide a breadth of opportunities to develop new skills and gain key experience in diverse and challenging applications.
What we offer
We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
We are committed to the success of our people which is why we want to create the best employee experience that supports each member through all the stages of their career.
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package; pension, medical insurance, income protection, 25 days holiday with the option to buy an additional 4 weeks
- Enhanced parental leave
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – cycle to work, discounted gym membership, season ticket loan, discounts on retail & wellbeing classes
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Wellbeing resources and tools, and demonstration of our commitment to wellbeing by signing up to the Mental Health at Work Commitment
- Team led flexible working
- Opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards technical expertise, developing the market or leading a business or team
- International, multi-cultural team of highly motivated individuals
- An exciting referral program; bring people with you!
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion lies at the heart of our team culture. We operate a flat intellectual hierarchy meaning every voice is heard and has genuine influence. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and experience, and we recognise the value this brings our collective team approach to solving challenging client problems.
Inclusion is hugely important to us and we want to ensure every team member can balance work around their unique personal circumstances. We will advocate for your professional development and provide access to formal education through the GHD Business School and practical application through technical delivery.
Please note that for graduate positions, we do not offer sponsorship for work visas or immigration. Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK to be considered for this role. Interested? Please hit the apply now button.
At GHD we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD aims to provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to gender reassignment, age, disability, religion, or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or race.